This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the icon is OK.

I uploaded my Sniper Rifle highpoly, lowpoly, baking 3ds max 2012 scene and base maps here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgwwkba2k4..._bake.zip?dl=0

You can use them to create new attachments or modify existing parts.
    The lowpoly mesh together with baked base maps can be used to create 100% custom skins in dDo or Substance.
    ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

To me. Part in Red circle look the worst

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the bake files Aberiu! Also, Max is doing some great audio work and our animator is going to do a refinement pass on the anims. Godlike I think that's an old screenshot, the materials have been tweaked from there and will continue to be refined.

Everybody check out this thread and give Max some feedback, new Sniper sound FX will go a long way in making the weapon feel cohesive and new.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...e-(MaxCarnage)
        Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
        Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
        Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

I think the color on the scope fits the weapon perfectly well. Don't forget that they are basically "tournament" weapons, so there can be a sporty touch to them, it doesnt all have to be military. (Personally i LOVE the orange color skin that was posted earlier in this thread )

Comment

Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
            I think the color on the scope fits the weapon perfectly well. Don't forget that they are basically "tournament" weapons, so there can be a sporty touch to them, it doesnt all have to be military. (Personally i LOVE the orange color skin that was posted earlier in this thread )

Gun is Red
            Bullets are Blue
            Show me your Head
            So they can go Through

Comment

Originally posted by PoRRas View Post
              Gun is Red
              Bullets are Blue
              Show me your Head
              So they can go Through
              A true poet.
              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by PoRRas View Post
                Gun is Red
                Bullets are Blue
                Show me your Head
                So they can go Through
                You could change gun to blood, and make this an in game taunt.

Blood is Red
                Bullets are Blue
                Show me your Head
                So they can go Through

Comment

Why missing the Izanagi logo on the Sniper Rifle

Comment

Not sure, will look into it!
                    Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                    Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                    Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

guys i never got answer to one simple question.

can it not be done that you can custom replace sniper for lg. if it behaves like sniper rifle? (no splash, same fire rate, same dmg) for example i pick an option in my game to have lg appearing over sniper. when i join game everyone sees me holding and firing sniper rifle. but on my screen it appears as lg and shoots lightning instead of bullets. is this possible? or there is only either sniper on the map or only lg on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
                        guys i never got answer to one simple question.

can it not be done that you can custom replace sniper for lg. if it behaves like sniper rifle? (no splash, same fire rate, same dmg) for example i pick an option in my game to have lg appearing over sniper. when i join game everyone sees me holding and firing sniper rifle. but on my screen it appears as lg and shoots lightning instead of bullets. is this possible? or there is only either sniper on the map or only lg on the map.
                        Can be done, but there's no support for this yet. It's not clear if weapon customization will be this flexible or not. In some ways it's undesirable to have that much flexibility because it's like letting a player select an all-black skin: Rife for purposefully trying to game cosmetics for a play advantage.

We'll probably be seeing a first pass on weapon customization stuff in the next build, but at the moment it looks like it's only material swaps on the guns.
                        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                          Can be done, but there's no support for this yet. It's not clear if weapon customization will be this flexible or not. In some ways it's undesirable to have that much flexibility because it's like letting a player select an all-black skin: Rife for purposefully trying to game cosmetics for a play advantage.

We'll probably be seeing a first pass on weapon customization stuff in the next build, but at the moment it looks like it's only material swaps on the guns.
                          what difference does it make, if everyone sees what he wants to see on their screen? i mean when things settle down i want to play vs forced enemy models, that will be fattest character with easy to read animations assigned to it. but everyone else can see whatever the heck they choose to? anyone shall sellect any skin they want, but it shall not give them advantage, and forced enemy models do just that : )

as to weapon skin and amination appearance on my screen, it gives absolutely no advantage to me at all, all and all i just prefer lg over boring sniper and that is it.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
                            what difference does it make, if everyone sees what he wants to see on their screen? i mean when things settle down i want to play vs forced enemy models, that will be fattest character with easy to read animations assigned to it. but everyone else can see whatever the heck they choose to? anyone shall sellect any skin they want, but it shall not give them advantage, and forced enemy models do just that : )

as to weapon skin and amination appearance on my screen, it gives absolutely no advantage to me at all, all and all i just prefer lg over boring sniper and that is it.
                            I am doubtful force model will included by default in this game, for either characters or weapons.
                            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

I love this design. I don't really have anything to add, just wanted you to know that is is awesome. I hope it makes it in to the game. No other game has a sniper like this.

Comment

Wow, it's been a while since I've lasted posted on this forum! I've seen much improvement on the weapons along with the icons.
                                I do in fact like the icon for the new sniper rifle just match it.
                                Have fun fragging in the tournament! - ShrapnelAD aka "FlakTaryd" or "FlakT"

Comment

Working...
                                X