X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Sniper Rifle - IN PROGRESS

As Yemyam requested

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ut-sniper-lowpoly

[screenshot]http://orig02.deviantart.net/2e8c/f/2015/110/4/8/izanagi_logo_traced_01_by_aberiu-d8qfhk8.jpg[/screenshot]

http://sta.sh/0pctxuwawnr
    Last edited by Aberiu; 08-09-2015, 01:47 PM.
    ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

i'd rather see an implementation of sly's variation tbh :/

BUT in regards of this specific design I can't say nothing but good job. It's a great start
    Last edited by piemo; 01-23-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Wow, so sleek and nice! It looks like a futuristic sniper rifle thats for sure. The pics of people holding it in the other thread convinced me more of this design.

However! (there's always a however XD) I still think the scope looks more powerful than the gun...if you know what I mean. From first person view most of the gun part is just perspective lines going to a vanishing point...and grey. It's boring to look at and I wonder if you guys could keep the sleek look but have a bit more going on there, like with the scope. As for power - I'd still love to see a bulkier magazine stuck on the bottom to add some contrast to the sleekness and make it look more powerful - shove some massive bullets in the magazine and the gun will command more authorotah.

Great model I'm very impressed.
      UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
      Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
      "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

The model is excellent, well, you know it's so. But this design ...
        The first thing that comes to my mind - a paintball. Sniper paintball. But this rifle does not tell me that it will be able to knock 70 HP from the enemy. Or shoot his head off to hell.

Модель превосходная, ну, ты это итак знаешь. Но этот дизайн...
        Первое, что мне приходит на ум - это пейнтбол. Снайперка для пейнтбола. Но эта винтовка мне не говорит о том, что она сможет выбить 70 ХП у противника. Или отстрелить ему голову к чёрту.

Comment

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
          The model is excellent, well, you know it's so. But this design ...
          The first thing that comes to my mind - a paintball. Sniper paintball. But this rifle does not tell me that it will be able to knock 70 HP from the enemy. Or shoot his head off to hell.

Модель превосходная, ну, ты это итак знаешь. Но этот дизайн...
          Первое, что мне приходит на ум - это пейнтбол. Снайперка для пейнтбола. Но эта винтовка мне не говорит о том, что она сможет выбить 70 ХП у противника. Или отстрелить ему голову к чёрту.
          actually now that I think about it yeah, it has that plastic look.

Comment

Really solid work, and amazing you did this so quickly Aberiu.
            I kind of envisioned the scope looking a little different -- To me this design is all about emphasizing the sleek, high-tech & elegant fantasy of the Sniper Rifle. It's hard to know precisely what Gooba intended there given we've only seen the profile shot, but to me I perceived the scope as more of an elongated, arched visor with a projection screen than a basic optical scope.
            Find My: Twitter | YouTube | Downloads | Podcast
            Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol
            Other: Lore | Invasion | Pickups & Powerups | Achievement Ideas

Comment

Looking nice, but how do you hold it with your trigger hand? I think the issue with the minimal sniper designs so far is they don't seem ergonomical enough. I can't wrap my head around how you hold the thing and pull the trigger whilst looking down the scope. This is something important to figure out so that player models can be animated holding the weapon in a logical way.

Comment

Amazing 3d as always Aberiu but I just don't like the design as it currently stands. It's too plain, needs more spicing up.

Comment

beautiful work! The POV is awsome! That rifle looks so dame accurate, I think were going to need to shrink the head shot hit-box to between the eyes !

I noticed another modeler interpreted the barrel as widening as it comes towards you. I wonder what you and goobas thoughts are on that.

Comment

Can you render a mannequin holding it for scale and ergonomics?

Comment

It just looks so plain. It has all the characteristics of classic UT sniper rifles (overstated scope and fat break) but Sly's had a lot more character and incorporated some of the best parts of the UT3 rifle.
                      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                        It just looks so plain.
                        Maybe more people would be more happy if there was a bit more texture/material or color diversity. I can also agree with other posters that the handle is on the small side. But given that, I think the concept /shape / pov is fantastic!

Comment

Very interesting and awesome modeling! What fov do you have on the camera for the 1p view?
                          Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                          Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                          Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Really like the design since day 1

The modeling is great
                            Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar A1, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

YemYam
                              Err... I don't remember, it was just a random viewport screenshot. But I can set up a camera and make another one if necessary.

Upd. So it appears the standard camera FOV is 45, I made 2 more shots at 80 and 100:

[screenshot]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2015/023/b/f/shot5_by_aberiu-d8f2myc.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2015/023/6/6/shot4_by_aberiu-d8f2my8.jpg[/screenshot]

The last one looks pretty weird. The rifle itself is about 85 cm long, not sure how this all will translate in game.
                              Last edited by Aberiu; 01-23-2015, 03:03 PM.
                              ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Working...
                              X