No announcement yet.

Minigun by Invader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the number 4 I am liking the C version but turn the spike on the back end upwards.

As for the 3 I like F, C and A. I like a because it has a mocking laughing look.

Comment

• Personally I think the bottom line for the 4 is clearer (no space beetwen the left spike and the bottom spike). The others are too confusing. G, H, I and J are good candidate for me.

I am however not pleased by any of the 3, they doesn't look like this number to me. The middle part should be more present to distinguish it and identify it as a 3.

Comment

• Came up with some new barrels, have a look!

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Barrels.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	394234

Name:	New Barrels-side2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	394235

Name:	New Barrels-side3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	394236
        Check out my work!
        | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
        | Localization

Comment

• Alright lads, I've got loads of new stuff here.

A1 is showing the inner barrel's magnets off. A2 has thicker barrels and tries to emulate the more brute minigun-ish feel of option B.

Here's a strange thing though, While I think I overdid it with C and D, My friend particularly likes the muzzle ending (basically a flash hider) of option C. What do you guys think about putting that flash hider on A1/A2?

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	201.4 KB ID:	395034

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	387.4 KB ID:	395035
          Last edited by InVader; 11-24-2017, 06:09 PM.
          Check out my work!
          | Localization

Comment

• I choose C

C: Looks futuristic, long pipes which look deadly/spiky. Although kinda strange ending but when I imagine it firing this one has the best fire coming out of its pipes(mainly because those end pipes spread fire on all directions not just forward, at leas in my imagination)
            A: hard time picking between A or C but C kinda looks more futuristic/powerful while A kinda looks like a standard gun. Maybe if it was little bit longer (like C). Also I kinda don't like that polished ring ending on pipes end.
            B: Pipes don't go along polished design of base, base is all shiny/futuristic while pipes look old-fashioned/made of concrete. If base was a little more dirty/not shiny it would look better in my opinion
            D: Pipes are short and I don't like that the end of gun doesn't end in pipes sticking out like in A,B,C
            Last edited by AlbertoP; 11-24-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• I like C, especially those gold colored bits.

C would also look better with that cool design from D that would go after the gold bits on C.

Comment

• I personally would be with you on this one InVader, I feel like C is a little too much and make the gun too noisy. However I would suggest not to make the barrels too thick ro too cluttered, as you will hide the inner parts and mag rings. It's important to distinguish it so when picking up the gun you instinctively know what it's all about.

Comment

• I like A2 the best. I guess because the rest of the gun already looks sci-fi/fancy enough, that it's good to see the barrels still looking "gun-ish". I feel like if you go with C or D, it's almost like you're trying too hard. If that makes any sense.

Comment

• Man, it really starts to feel like it's coming along now.

Here's some early work on the display. Since this is a minigun and uses a lot of ammo, I think some kind of bar indicator might be a mindful addition. It would let you tell at a glance approximately how much ammo you have left. I was thinking about implementing this as simple light bars along the edge of the part that arcs over the laser pointer. As you deplete ammo the lights of the bar would go down as well.

Sorry for the strong bloom.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	40.6 KB ID:	395291Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	395292
                    I think maybe the rings at the front are the only thing left to tinker with now... Well aside from the belt, which isn't visible anyways. And because it's not really visible anyways, I wonder what's the laziest solution I can come up with, beside the tractor beam idea we had earlier.
                    Last edited by InVader; 12-03-2017, 03:33 PM.
                    Check out my work!
                    | Localization

Comment

Working...
                    X