No announcement yet.

Minigun by Invader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InVader could you post a render of your gun all with a flat lambert or a blinn material on the gun? Along with ambient occlusion? Just want to get an idea of what the model looks like without the shaders on it.

Comment

Here it is Rooster128. Sorry for the noisy renders, didn't quite have the time to adjust the bilateral filters to the new materials (it messes up the poorly lit areas real bad).

Sorry for being out for so long, I had a severe illness and stuff, and have been busy with work and the Japanese language course. Let us wrap the stuff with the ring up and get to retopo and texturing. Would you guys prefer the gun mostly clean, or with a lot of dirt and scratches on it?

Click image for larger version  Name:	No_material-1st_person.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.0 KB ID:	398781
      Click image for larger version  Name:	No_material-front.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	398782
      Click image for larger version  Name:	No_material-rear.jpg Views:	1 Size:	141.7 KB ID:	398783
      Click image for larger version  Name:	No_material-side.jpg Views:	1 Size:	97.0 KB ID:	398784
      Last edited by InVader; 03-31-2018, 02:51 PM.
      Check out my work!
      | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
      | Localization

Comment

Update 14:

Alright, I think I'm settling for these rings. Best of both worlds, imho.

Let's wrap this up and get to retopo and texturing already. I spent way too much time trying to make this perfect. It can only get ruined from here on out anyways.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ring#3-front.jpg Views:	1 Size:	112.1 KB ID:	398826
        Click image for larger version  Name:	ring#3-side.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.0 KB ID:	398827
        Click image for larger version  Name:	ring#3-1st_person.jpg Views:	1 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	398828
        Last edited by InVader; 04-02-2018, 05:25 PM.
        Check out my work!
        | Localization

Comment

very nice, looking forward to the texturing. let me know if you need help in blueprints then
          Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

n0niz
            For setting up the weapon itself in UE4, likely yes. Setting up the materials for it in UE4, likely not.

Some kind of new, detailed guide would be nice btw. The official one for importing weapons is really... basic. It doesn't address any of the nuances when exporting from Blender (which uses OpenGL's coordinate system rather than DX) either.
            Check out my work!
            | Localization

Comment

So this is the high-poly (1st person view model) I've been working on on and off. 21.5k verts so far, normals are not baked yet.

Bullets and belt are still missing and right now I'm wondering if I should just remove the magazine from the 1st person view model, since it's not visible anyways. A belt might still be worth adding for the 1st person view model. Some people crank the FoV all the way up to 130, so they might see at least the belt. Same story with the joystick, although with only 300 verts used, it's not much of a problem.

I hear for the low-poly (3rd person view model) around 20k are ideal. There's some room for tweaking on the barrels, the interior parts and the handles, but I'd rather not touch the body. All the smooth curves would look really weird if I'd have to go any lower with them. The edges in some places are already visible on the high-poly (particularly around the laser pointer and around the front handle). Considering I will indeed need the magazine and the bullets for the 3rd person model, those 20k verts don't look to realistic. I guess I could sort of melt the ones inside together (it could still be animated) to save some verts and only use normal bullets for the belt.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HighPolyPlain1st_person.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.9 KB ID:	403225
              Click image for larger version  Name:	HighPolyPlainsideview.jpg Views:	1 Size:	76.8 KB ID:	403226
              EDIT: Here's some with wireframe on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighPolyWireframe1st_person.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	403229
              Click image for larger version

Name:	HighPolyWireframesideview.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	403230​​​​​​​
              Last edited by InVader; 10-12-2018, 01:27 PM.
              Check out my work!
              | Localization

Comment

Double helix

Comment

Working...
                X