Redeemer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PROTOTYPE] Redeemer

I thought I would try to design one weapon for the fun, and the noob tube kind of strikes me as the one with the less attempts on it (or lack of interest ?).

I wanted something heavy on to the front, but very simple and elegant. I also wanted to go with a shorter, less massive design than the older redeemers. So I started from a basic rocket launcher, made it shorter, attached a trigger and a scope to it. The screen for guiding would be rectractable, and on the rocket there would be a control system for release (bar going on the rocket, linked to the two black pipes). On the back we can see antennas for the guiding also.

So before I even try to create a low-poly I wanted to know what you guys thought of it, how we could improve this design and get this Deemer to be good looking, functional and fully belonging to the UT universe

Updated version:

Attached Files
    Last edited by Raste; 08-20-2015, 06:56 AM.
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

So... you took the AVRiL design from UT2004 .

Such concept could work. But i'm not sure about that shoulder thing which would result into the weapon being on top of the screen. UT99 and UT2k4 redeemer were missing the remote contorl part (and looked like weapons from Worms). I actually liked the Deemer control introduced into UT with UT3 which sadly got ripped off in UT4.

A redeemer with iron sight? . Why would you need a iron sight on a nuclear-like weapon
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post

Such concept could work. But i'm not sure about that shoulder thing which would result into the weapon being on top of the screen. UT99 and UT2k4 redeemer were missing the remote contorl part (and looked like weapons from Worms). I actually liked the Deemer control introduced into UT with UT3 which sadly got ripped off in UT4.

A redeemer with iron sight? . Why would you need a iron sight on a nuclear-like weapon
      Oh man, I forgot about this AVRIL weapon !!! That's a good looking gun indeed. I really started form a regular rocket launcher. Then added new elements, but the AVRIL looks unbalanced and hard to carry around - hence the more balanced look on my deemer. From early feedback on IRC, I made the back a bit bigger to make it look more balanced (thx Wail).

And you need an iron sight because it's badass on a nuclear weapon

I try to make a mesh for next week. Will be easier to iterate from there and modify it.
      Attached Files
      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Yes its a cool Version from reedemer Raste

Comment

Would be cool if you would be able to shoot the rocket from the front before it's even launched so the guy trying to fire it dies or at least takes some damage from just a small blast. That's just something which popped up in my mind seeing the exposed rocket head concept here.
          Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 03-22-2015, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
            Would be cool if you would be able to shoot the rocket from the front before it's even launched so the guy trying to fire it dies or at least takes some damage from just a small blast. That's just something which popped up in my mind seeing the exposed rocket head concept here.
            The rocket is visible in the front, so this should not be an issue
            Last edited by Raste; 03-22-2015, 08:14 AM.
            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Definitely shouldn't do this. With the current weapon switch times it's already pretty dangerous to even pull out the redeemer. You don't need to be punished for carrying it.

Concept reminds me of the current redeemer, it's like they tried to achieve the same goal as you hacking up the existing UT3 model. I think it's cool, can't wait to see the mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Laokin View Post
                Definitely shouldn't do this. With the current weapon switch times it's already pretty dangerous to even pull out the redeemer. You don't need to be punished for carrying it.

Concept reminds me of the current redeemer, it's like they tried to achieve the same goal as you hacking up the existing UT3 model. I think it's cool, can't wait to see the mesh.
                Agreed. The long pickup respawn cooldown, the slow travel time of the rocket, the ability to deny the rocket by shooting it mid-flight, the element of stationary exposure that the alternate fire mode has, and it's huge blast radius; are definitely making the conditions/scenarios, somewhat rare, of actually using the weapon in a useful manner (and getting away with it - especially in the geometry that non-openworld maps have).
                Switching to that weapon is a huge risk in itself, because more often than not, you have to think before you shoot it and wait for the perfect opportunity to line up the shot. And more often than not, you can easilly get killed whilst in the process of searching the said opportunity. There is no need to punish the carrier further.
                Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 03-22-2015, 03:19 PM.
                > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
                > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
                > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

Comment

I tend to use the Deemer in dumb mode: launch it where there are other gamers, and hope for kills haha. I worked out a first *** flat *** version of my earlier concept. I still need a few elements to make it almost correct. I'll tweak that for the proportions and then try to give it proper shapes.

Feedback is more than welcome !
                  Attached Files
                  RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post

Actually the Redeemer has always had the remote control ability, even in the first game. It's just UT3 that added a really cool UI for that fire mode that worked with it the most

If anything, you could add some kind of a view-screen that flips out like a cam-corder when you equip the gun, if one kept the over-the-shoulder design concept.
                    All that I ask though is that somehow, the blast radius of the redeemer be about as clear as it was in UT2k4 instead of how extremely vague it was in UT3, as honestly part of the trick of using it is figuring out how far you can use it without instantly killing yourself, or taking damage from your own attack in general.
                    Working on DM-Norkeep here and there. Will likely expand it into more of a singleplayer Monster Hunt-style map/Map Pack able to also work as a Deathmatch map, and therefore, an Invasion map.

Working on Project Overkill currently.

Comment

Originally posted by StormyFacade View Post
                      If anything, you could add some kind of a view-screen that flips out like a cam-corder when you equip the gun, if one kept the over-the-shoulder design concept.
                      It's planned, check the box on the side of the scope

Although I might put it somewhere else and bigger.
                      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
                        I tend to use the Deemer in dumb mode: launch it where there are other gamers, and hope for kills haha. I worked out a first *** flat *** version of my earlier concept. I still need a few elements to make it almost correct. I'll tweak that for the proportions and then try to give it proper shapes.

Feedback is more than welcome !
                        Looking good so far, more definition required for feedback I think. Looks like a spanner or common wrench right now, but that's because the definition is low.

Comment

Originally posted by Laokin View Post
                          Looking good so far, more definition required for feedback I think. Looks like a spanner or common wrench right now, but that's because the definition is low.
                          Yep, I'll keep on working on it by making modeling passes until the result it good enough to test 1st person view and check how it would be animated. I'll keep on posting progress as I go
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

That blockout looks good so far.

Spoiler
                            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

I can't believe discussions about balancing the REDEEMER started in this thread. Is no weapon safe from you animals?

Comment

Working...
                              X