X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Rocket Launcher - IN PROGRESS

Hey guys!

I'm starting a new thread for this design since it got so much attention on the livestream and it's such a big departure from my previous RL concepts.

It's still a WIP, and the animations are pretty crappy at this point, but hopefully it gets the concept across.

The idea behind the barrels was to give the player a super obvious mechanic for when the rockets are loaded into the chamber, and give the weapon the plausible ability to fire rockets without melting the shooters face off. The hydraulic arms and handle will give the animations some extra spicy-ness.

Would love to hear your comments/concerns!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Last edited by Gooba; 05-11-2015, 09:43 PM.
    Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

I think I... like it. It's fresh.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I like it, it's got that industrial tool look.

Comment

I think it is incredible. It is distinctly different than other UTs yet still familiar and it has awesome animation potential. The second I saw it on the stream, I knew that's the "one".
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

question for gooba, the yellowish colour of that weapon is temporary or definitive (I liked the red colour one)?
          I like this model it rocks!

Comment

Yes i will this Model for the Rocket Launcher in the new UT

Comment

Looks great, you did it again. I like, thumbs up. Just the yellow is too similar to the flak in case thats the color.
              Last edited by code187; 05-10-2015, 07:17 AM.
              Join the community Facebook page
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

The system seems better than the others actually, I think the rockets should be longer.

Comment

Oops you did it again.. Looks fantastic!

Comment

Gooba is god.
                    One thing I have to say though, you people need to tone it down with placing wordings on things describing exactly what they are. "EXHAUST ->", " PLASMA LAZER BEAM", "EXIT 1". Also "CAUTION" etc. to me this looks a bit silly and is way overdone.
                    XMP | THREAD

Comment

Paint that red and I think we can call that OFFICIAL. Fantastic work Gooba, plus that animation is awesome. Was there another angle of the animation shown on the stream? And if so could we see it here?

Comment

Love it. It has a loading mechanism with lots of motion and its very telegraphed which I think is important to let players see that the gun is loading out of the corner of their eye.

Comment

You had me at that little clip flip in the animation.

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                            You had me at that little clip flip in the animation.
                            Agreed, it's just plain sexy. Also it's not too bulky as you can see through the gun with these arms loading the rockets, yet it remains massive and dangerous. I really like how the exhaust pipe is working.

Great job !
                            RASTE IN PEACE !
                            Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                            Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

I really love this concept. I feel like the back section has an odd shape to it though, it perhaps feels too sleek and curvy whilst the front is very chunky and well defined. The rockets are also too small. Aside from those things this design is solid to me.

Fantastic work as always Gooba
                              Last edited by Mangley; 05-10-2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X