Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Max, would be cool to get some new sounds on this guy as well, your Sniper stuff is shaping up great. I just did another refinement pass on the RL anims but will also re-sync anims based on what you come up with sound wise. As stated in the Sniper thread the biggest thing Steve wants to achieve with the weapon sound fx is to have a rhythmic timing based approach so you could "close your eyes and still know exactly when you could fire again."

I have enough moving parts on the weapon that I could sync something animating for the reload sounds. I'm not sure when the new Rocket anims are going to be in the next build but you could always grab from github.
    Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
    Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
    Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

I know the materials are temp but the wine red makes it look so old fashioned like a classic car. I agree with the others that the final color should be a slightly more saturated and impactful red.

Comment

Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
        Done. I hope the metallic barrels are now grey as intended:

That model is awesome! In the current build the rocket launcher model isn't detailed so much, in my opinion. Is the currently used model unfinished, right? Because this one that I quoted (hi-ban's) is impressive, with a lot of details!

-Luigi Rapetta
        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
        Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
          That model is awesome! In the current build the rocket launcher model isn't detailed so much, in my opinion. Is the currently used model unfinished, right? Because this one that I quoted (hi-ban's) is impressive, with a lot of details!
          The one in the current build is the latest model progression. The one in the picture you quoted is a paint over that's been floating around. Things will get more detailed and polished as time goes on.

Comment

I really hope so! By the way, I'm elaborating a sort of design for this old weapon concept: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...persion-Pistol

I say this because that thread is pretty old and I would like to know if it could be useful work on it.

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
            Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Yes, as I've said many times in the thread the material/texture is very work in progress and I agree it needs more punch and variety. The hi-ban paintover is great as well as many others in this thread so I have plenty of inspiration to get it right. I've got a few other tasks on my plate right now but will revisit this guy soon!
              Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
              Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

Comment

Hello, I just came up with a bunch of new ideas for potential new weapons, particularly Rocket Launchers. I just wanna share with you all of the ideas that I have so I can keep thinking of more genius ideas! I hope you all like it. I appreciate any feedback and constructive criticisms. Thanks in advance!

DNA Rocket Launcher
                Redeemer (RC Nuke)
                Ion Painter
                Hammer of Dawn
                Raining Rockets like SPMA

Homing Drunken Rocket Shotgun (Like Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict's Rocket Launcher)

Volley Rocket Launcher(Shooting like Cicada)

(Anti-Air) Fireworks Launcher (Breakdancing Fireworks) (Clusters of Fireworks)

Lava + Flamethrower (Including Backpack) (Rocket Jump/Boost) Flak Cannon(Secondary Flak Ball + Lava) (Grenade Launcher + Boost)

Volcano/Tornado Eruptor

Billiard Rocket Launcher (Similar to Toxikk's Cerberus)

Kaleidoscope Sniper

Primary: (Makes it Auto-Aim With Bee Vision, Slightly Damaging Many Players Around The Vision of the Player, Killing Injured Players in the Hopes of Getting Multiple Kills) (It has a Fast Cooldown)
                Secondary: It Still Locks On And Homes Onto Multiple Enemies, But This Time The Kaleidoscope Sniper Will Charge Up, Doing More Significant Damage)
                Tertiary Fire: Charge Up, Lock-On, Home, Kill Everyone Within Sight (Like Blizzard's Overwatch's McCree's High Noon)

(HAARP)OON (Real Life) - Weather Weapon (like the Ion Painter) (Manipulating the Weather to Create (Natural/Man-Made Disasters like the Racing Game: Split/Second)

Nebula Nuke (Redeemer + Shock Rifle + Unique Creative Nebulas) (Includes Poison Gas Clouds?)
                (Butterfly Nebula/Crab Nebula/Helix Nebula)

Solar System Weapon (+Shock Core + Planets Revolving Around The Sun Shooting Like Triple Helix Rocket Launcher)

Tesla Electrickery

Alien's Torus
                Last edited by MettaCognition; 09-21-2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Hey Metta, just an FYI. You would be better off posting that or starting a thread in the game design discussion forums. This forum is really for art design. https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-Weapon-Design

Comment

Posting lists of words is not helpful anyway. Anyone can go to a random name generator and make up sets of words. If you can't put any effort into presenting an idea in a high-quality way that might actually convey it to other people, then it's just noise.
                    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

hey how its going with RL development Yemyam? I hope you dont find difficulties to get the completion of this great RL model!

Comment

Something I'd like to see animation wise, would be that during the secondary fire, when all rockets/grenades are fired, the barrels spines backward and continue to track for a few momment slowing down after ward, kinda like retro action cars toys work.

Comment

I was knocking out some miscellaneous tasks for the Halloween build (just released download it now!) so I should be able to revisit the materials and animations. There were a few little tweaks for the build just released but not much. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions!

Comment

Maybe we could add this spin animation during the draw animation (when the player selects the RL).

-Luigi Rapetta
                            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

YemYam become the Rocket Launcher a new ammo counter area?

Comment

Please Yem Yam make it
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X