This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HitscanGaem View Post
    I like how the barrels are not perfectly parallel with each other; gives it some character.
    Now that you mention it, I think it's kinda weird. I couldn't really place why it looked wrong in the 3rd person view. But certainly if one thinks about it from a practical perspective, you aren't going to be able to shoot straight lines of rockets, within 10 feet of having exited the barrel there will be a very huge spread already. Unless the barrels can realign depending on fire mode.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
      Now that you mention it, I think it's kinda weird. I couldn't really place why it looked wrong in the 3rd person view. But certainly if one thinks about it from a practical perspective, you aren't going to be able to shoot straight lines of rockets, within 10 feet of having exited the barrel there will be a very huge spread already. Unless the barrels can realign depending on fire mode.
      The way it is drawn and the mechanism that rotates the barrels I can assume that the top barrel will always be pointing straight and correct. If multiple rockets are loaded then it makes more sense with this design than it did with previous RL's. The skewed barrels is what helps make them spread out with distance.

Or, the barrels could shift-alignment depending on the fire mode, which would be cool for animation and first-person view.

I'm not sure what the purpose is of the extra arms on the side rockets. From the animation only one does the loading. I figure this is just a first pass.

Comment

Fantastic design. I know I'm nitpicking, but flappy part on top seems to serve no purpose, although it looks cool. Looks like it could be a hook for a sling, but a sling wouldn't be attached near the moving parts like that.
        Last edited by Nick_D'Amato; 05-11-2015, 07:19 PM.
        Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

I was amaze when I've watched the stream and I can it's a big WOW ! I really like all Gooba's concepts but this concept is totally a-ma-zing !

Love it and excellent concept once again. PLZ, make this the official weapon
          Stevie's corner
          My UT4 maps
          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
            This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
            Nice ... but what function have the two other loading hydraulics on the bottom of the RL?
            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

I imagine the RL will end up mostly red simply due to color separation between weapons, but who knows. I am cool with any color scheme, as long as it looks aggressive.

Also, I forgot to mention in the OP, but the rockets can definitely be bigger. I just didn't want to redo the anims at the time to fit the bigger rockets hehe.

Originally posted by Saiboat View Post
              Gooba is god.
              One thing I have to say though, you people need to tone it down with placing wordings on things describing exactly what they are. "EXHAUST ->", " PLASMA LAZER BEAM", "EXIT 1". Also "CAUTION" etc. to me this looks a bit silly and is way overdone.
              It's funny that you say that, because I showed previous concepts and people didn't like them because they didn't know what the parts were for. Especially the exhaust tubes, since they aren't really a typical function on a gun. ^_^

The decals are always kind've WIP anyways, since I don't want to spend several hrs on decals for each concept. If the design becomes official, I can spend more time refining the decals.

Originally posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
              Paint that red and I think we can call that OFFICIAL. Fantastic work Gooba, plus that animation is awesome. Was there another angle of the animation shown on the stream? And if so could we see it here?
              Yeah, I forgot to upload it. :P (It's now in the OP)

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
              Would be curious to see how the handle/the backside part looks for the weapon, can't make it out from these pics.
              Yeah, thats mostly the WIP part, since it isn't really finished at all back there.

Originally posted by HitscanGaem View Post
              I'm not sure what the purpose is of the extra arms on the side rockets. From the animation only one does the loading. I figure this is just a first pass.
              Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
              Nice ... but what function have the two other loading hydraulics on the bottom of the RL?
              If you can see in the animation, the bottom arms move back with the firing recoil. But yeah, it could probably be replaced with a simpler recoil mechanic.

Originally posted by Nick_D'Amato View Post
              Fantastic design. I know I'm nitpicking, but flappy part on top seems to serve no purpose, although it looks cool. Looks like it could be a hook for a sling, but a sling wouldn't be attached near the moving parts like that.
              My thinking was that it could a grip to manually pull back the loading mechanism in case it jammed or something. Plus it looks cool. I should have slapped a giant label on it!

Thanks all the comments guys! Cheers!
              Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

This design looks interesting, kind of like a spider. The loading arms may extend to far from the body. The rocket design works too.

And please keep it red.

Are you still going to do a barrelless design for the rocket launcher?

Comment

perfect design gooba! the best rl concept so far. great work.
                  Plz increase the size of the rockets and maybe a little bigger ammo display

Comment

Gooba, I bow to your greatness...well, only a little bit. I love the design with a few tiny exceptions:

1. Skins - Reduce the luminance on the yellow highlights and add some red safety stripes to the rear portions of the barrels. This would break up the monotonous color scheme of the sand coloring, but otherwise, the design itself is terrific. Addition of a red on the warheads while leaving the rocket casing's unpainted look would make the rockets very unique and more identifiable.

2. Design itself - Others have noted the orientation of the barrels make it appear to fire the rockets in a cone shaped spread. I am guessing this can be corrected in the actual build, but it does rather make me question why you made it that way. Perhaps it is possible to change the orientation by a degree or so for specific firing modes.
                    Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

I get the feeling it's not actually shaped that way and may just be an issue with the angle we're seeing it from, since it doesn't look like the barrels are bent that way in the first-person view...
                      My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

Comment

Yep, the barrels are parallel. They only look a-skew in that third person shot, because of the perspective combined with the arms being angled inward.

You can tell a lot easier in the second, third-person animation.
                        Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

RL good. But ... why have you left triangle scheme if in new RL removed functionality of previous parts UT? It is not logical to make the barrels in this form? She's no longer fired three missiles at the same time.

P.S. Or you return normal RL from previous parts (UT 3, UT 2004)?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Raixs; 05-12-2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

How on Earth did I miss this thread? I'm not going to lie, I absolutely hate...

...how much I love this design . Wow, Gooba, really! Flat out impressive work on this one. I think you nailed it in every single aspect of the gun. Has tons of DNA (which I know you know I love ) but looks brand new and fresh. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.
                            HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                              How on Earth did I miss this thread? I'm not going to lie, I absolutely hate...

...how much I love this design .
                              Okay I admit it, you suckered me. *re-holsters hammer*
                              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Amazing design Gooba, great job mate. If i had a 10th of your talent... . I can't really fault the design, only I'd want more red and silver colouration on the body of the weapon. Keep the black and yellow part I think its a really nice touch. I love the rockets too, much better than the UT3 ones. My one tiny bit of feedback would be to show them off as much as possible when loading into the weapon.

So this is official right?
                                UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
                                Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
                                "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                                X