This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
    Paint that red and I think we can call that OFFICIAL.
    I think the tan/militaristic color is cooler. Even referencing the UT99 rocket launcher color scheme somehow would be more interesting than red. Red rocket launcher has been a Quake3 thing for me

Comment

I love the new RL design, but those projectiles won't work because those fins cannot stabilize the projectile's flight, because they aren't perpendicular to the projectile's body, with the wing edge towards the direction of flight. What could work and what I've proposed before is a caseless cartouche of propellant providing the initial boost, followed by the fins expanding from their fold-forward position and the rocket engine starting up after a split second, before velocity is lost. Grenades would have the fins stay put and the engine remain dormant.

Comment

I will be modeling the Rocket Launcher in tandem with the Link Gun. There are still some issues to be worked out as many have suggested so as always the concept is just a starting place for my modeling. The first thing I will tackle is reworking the piston stuff and streamlining the firing mechanism a little. I will post updates asap.
        Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
        Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
        Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Is this the Official Model for The Rocket Launcher from new UT?
          Attached Files

Comment

YemYam

Apparently, you do the rest of all (5) guns from the game?))) Sometimes it looks like that 3D designers at Epic staff is very, very little. And, perhaps, you are all busy maps.
            (Sigh... so want to see new characters). Guys, add Gaige from Borderlands2 in new UT. Judging by her remarks, she just loves Unreal Tournament XDDDD

P.S. Pls, don't use red color for RL. Green or desert - it's best of the best

Comment

do you think this color?
              Attached Files

Comment

Of course! Or try a dark green. The desert looks very fresh and reminiscent of Avril in Unreal Tournament 3

Comment

I find the desert better than Red Green but I do not like as long as I have not seen picture of

Comment

Originally posted by YemYam View Post
                    I will be modeling the Rocket Launcher in tandem with the Link Gun. There are still some issues to be worked out as many have suggested so as always the concept is just a starting place for my modeling. The first thing I will tackle is reworking the piston stuff and streamlining the firing mechanism a little. I will post updates asap.
                    Does that mean this one is official? If so, great! This is an excellent design.
                    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Yup, don't go with red. We already had it in UT3. Give us something new.

Comment

The concept is official and I will be modeling it. Not sure if I'm going to model all the weapons just knocking out as much as I can as fast as I can.

Very glad most people enjoy the concept. Makes my life a bit easier when I can start with positive momentum. It will need some functionality refinement but I will do my best to keep the spirit of the concept as always.

Raixs, I'm not sure what you mean? We have quite a few other modelers but most are on other teams. UT has the smallest staff by far across all disciplines. We do have two other modelers doing new character models (currently in the works) but they tend to do stuff under wraps then present them when they are finished (as happened with Malcom & Necris).

As I've said before our level of community interaction is optional. Character modeling is much harder than hard surface stuff so It's easier for them to focus and achieve results with a smaller group giving feedback & crits.

Also, interacting with the community is very time consuming but I enjoy teaching and sharing my process so I'm more willing to sacrifice some productivity in exchange for building the community and inspiring more interaction/contributions.

No idea of what color the Rocket Launcher will end up, that's the easiest problem to solve and the least of my worries for now.
                        Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                        Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

Comment

It'd be cool to have some team coloured elements, perhaps the brown could be the base colour in ffa but in team games it could be red or blue depending on which side you're on.
                          :|

Comment

The concept is official and I will be modeling it. Not sure if I'm going to model all the weapons just knocking out as much as I can as fast as I can.

Very glad most people enjoy the concept. Makes my life a bit easier when I can start with positive momentum. It will need some functionality refinement but I will do my best to keep the spirit of the concept as always.

Raixs, I'm not sure what you mean? We have quite a few other modelers but most are on other teams. UT has the smallest staff by far across all disciplines. We do have two other modelers doing new character models (currently in the works) but they tend to do stuff under wraps then present them when they are finished (as happened with Malcom & Necris).

As I've said before our level of community interaction is optional. Character modeling is much harder than hard surface stuff so It's easier for them to focus and achieve results with a smaller group giving feedback & crits.

Also, interacting with the community is very time consuming but I enjoy teaching and sharing my process so I'm more willing to sacrifice some productivity in exchange for building the community and inspiring more interaction/contributions.

No idea of what color the Rocket Launcher will end up, that's the easiest problem to solve and the least of my worries for now.
                            Can you tell me who is incharge of sound design of game? I sended pm to entropy no answer and noone is active in sound design section....

Comment

I just want to say thanks for that, because it is very interesting to follow along with you and hear your reasoning for various elements. It also helps sell your model as you make progress on it and get more people on board with it as the official model, IMO. I think that happened with shock and will happen again in the end with Link. Looking forward to your awesome work on this one, too!
                              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Bass3, Entropy is wrangling sound design and he just sent an email to the team this morning talking about sound design. I'm sure he will get back to you soon but he is juggling many aspects of the game so it may take a little while, be patient. BTW, I've been playing with some sound design in my "free" time and will post in the sound design forum soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X