Maps completely dark after 07/29 release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maps completely dark after 07/29 release

I have no idea what's going on, but after the 07/29 release, my maps are all pitch black now. They look just fine when doing Play-in-Editor, but in game they're all black. Any idea what's going on here?
    UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

I had the same problem as you - my bug threat. In my case solution was quite easy- simply delete all pak'ed (maps in *.pak format) from "mycontent" both from your UT folder and in documents. Hope it helps!
    My Maps: DM-Bedroom | DM-FlatWars | DM-WarHouse | DM-Pub

Comment

Also I suggest your save your map, exit the editor and relaunch it before you try to share the level. This gave me the best results.
      RASTE IN PEACE !
      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
      Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

I know that something similar would happen in previous builds if "r.simpledynamiclighting 1" was active in a map that was lit with dynamic or stationary lights (under certain circumstances). Not sure what caused it though. Out of curiosity, can you try typing in both "r.simpledynamiclighting 1" and "r.simpledynamiclighting 0" in console?

Comment

It could be r.tonemapperfilm too.

0 brightens everything up, 1 darkens it. As far as I can tell it seems with the latest updates the game defaults to 0 and the editor to 1 (or at least they do here). You might want to try r.tonemapperfilm 0 in game (just in case your's somehow got set to 1) and see if that fixes the problem.

I set it to 0 in the editor now so the lighting I see in the editor is pretty much identical to what I see in game. The contrast between well lit and poorly lit surfaces is still a little off IMO, bright surfaces seem too bright and dark surfaces too dark, but it's not too bad either.
          Last edited by MoxNix; 08-09-2015, 04:19 AM.

Comment

I fixed the problem and verified it by loading the maps up in single player. Completely deleting all prior .pak versions and then repacking seems to have fixed the problem.

The new versions are now up at my Rushbase account:

https://ut.rushbase.net/Whippersnapper
            UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Working...
            X