Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

player start direction + making slime

Hi there,

1) when I add a playerstart I know you can change the direction where the player looks when spawning.
    How do I change that, is it holding a key-combination to change it? Can't find it anywhere in official UT4 docs
    Playerstart question 2: do you need to add a teamcolor to the spawnpoint? So that only reds are spawning there.
    How to do so?

2) How do I add slime in an area? Is it quite easy or a recommended tutorial for it or something?

3) Is there a premade asset to make a mirror somewhere? Where or how?

Thanks in advance!
    Visit our website unreal-battles.net
    Join the
    European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

Note that each playerstart has an arrow which indicates the direction where spawned player will be looking in. What you need is to do is select the playerstart and switch the mode from moving to rotation, just like you do it with brushes. There's a special icon for that in the viewport. In rotation mode you will have three colored arrows replaced by quarters of a circle. You drag these to rotate the object.

As for team spawns - select the playerstart and see it's properties for the team option. Default value is 0 for red team. Change it to 1 to make this player start work only for the blue team.

Also, check the tutorials on the Create page of the launcher, below the "launch" button.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

appreciated, thx!

any recommendations for tutorial around adding slime? or will I easily find?
      Visit our website unreal-battles.net
      Join the
      European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

Comment

For that I have no idea. The best option would be to open DM-DeckTest in the editor and see how it's done there.
        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

A slime pool is made of multiple components:
          1) UTPainVolume, a volume filled with the "slime". Instead of dividing the world into zones, UE4 uses volumes to mark special areas, including water and slime. Think of them like brushes filled with appropriate substance.
          2) Some static mesh to draw the surface, as volumes themselves are generally invisible. In older UEs, you could also use non-solid brushes, but in UE4 I couldn't make them work (they behaved like semi-solids), though it may be me missing something again. Once placed, don't forget to disable collisions in the mesh actor's properties.
          I doubt you will find a mesh specifically for slime surface, so you'll probably also have to consider using a generic mesh (for example Shape_Plane) with its material overriden under the actor's properties.

You can make a static mirror by using an appropriate material and a reflection capture nearby, though, being static, that mirror won't show your character or anything else that wasn't in the map before a play started.

Comment

Working...
          X