Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implementing themes of UT 99'

It'd be really cool to see UT 4 revisit the cyber slum feeling of UT 99'

The grimy dark look of the maps and how sinister they seemed made the game feel so great and I am still absolutely in love with the electronic soundtrack and creepy maps.

Well grab the editor and fire up blender! As of right now I really havent seen anyone working in that direction. The direction Epic is trying to push the game to is crisp/sharp/futuristic. They did dirty grimy with UT3 and it didnt work so well.
    PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
      Well grab the editor and fire up blender! As of right now I really havent seen anyone working in that direction. The direction Epic is trying to push the game to is crisp/sharp/futuristic. They did dirty grimy with UT3 and it didnt work so well.
      No, some of ut3 maps are great! When you fire up UT3 on maximum settings, you will see how much maps are really good looking, compared to even outpost23!

UT3 was just ahead of its time, engine was very GPU AND CPU heavy, I got UT3 black edition trust me, some of maps and the effects are so sweet lookin' !

Comment

Just one thread of those few that I've seen. I think you will find more if you search.

Comment

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd like to see a good variety of visual themes like seen in UT99, including the more dark and brooding environments, it just becomes even more challenging to make readable paths and have players stand out. It's not impossible, just more time consuming.

Comment

Working...
          X