Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need your help. FBX-Files don’t open correctly on the UT-Editor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] I need your help. FBX-Files don’t open correctly on the UT-Editor.

I need your help. FBX-Files don’t open correctly on the UT-Editor.
    After the new update, of the UT-Editor, open FBX-Files don’t works correctly.
    When I now open a FBX-File, the Materials change the place (see picture: the glass of the window change to marble instead of glass and the windowsill gets the material wood instead of marble)
    The windows frame lose the material and change to WorldGrindMaterial.
    If I try to change the WorldGrindMaterial to another Material, the UT-Editor crash and get closed all the Time.

I tried to open the same file in the normal Unreal Engine and it works fine. All materials are on the right place and if I change a material the Engine don’t crash down. (See picture below, the Window with the right look) So I think it is a Bug in the UT-Editor!
    Can anyone help me or must I wait for the next update of the UT-Editor?
    I reinstalled all the programmes like the Unreal Engine and the UT-Editor, I cleaned up all files, but it stays always the same problem.

My English is a bit strange, sorry for that ^^

Attached Files

-Windows 10
    -the new UT-Editor Update

-Unreal Engine 4.9
    -I make the FBX-File with Rhino 3D 5.0

are there another one, who have the same problem whit FBX-Files? On the UT-Editor

Comment

Originally posted by Fabio.lopes.architect View Post
      I cleaned up all files, but it stays always the same problem.
      Did you also remove your uasset instead of reimporting into existing one? Because that crash reminds me of the issue I had earlier.
      Also, try to open your FBX with another program, maybe some 3D viewer, or another editor, or even another game engine. Or, maybe, create a separate project in UE and import your mesh there, on success you'd be able to migrate a working asset into UnrealTournament.

On an unrelated note, why do you pack two separate windows into one mesh?

Comment

Whit “I cleaned up all files…” I mean that I delete all files which stay back after uninstall all programs from Epic Games. I deleted it manually and whit ccleaner, just to make a clean install of the programs.
        As descried above, I tried to open the same FBX in the normal Unreal Engine and there it works without problems. I tried to migrate the uasset, from the unreal engine to the UT-Editor, but it doesn’t works, because the unreal engine is on the version 4.9 and the UT-Editor on the version 4.8.
        Now I install the unreal engine 4.8 and trying it to migrate the file from there to the UT-Editor.

And I have another problem, when I tried to play in “standalone game”-mode and there the UT-Editor crashed to, no matter what map I have open.
        On the normal unreal engine it does not break off and works fine.

Here another picture of a FBX that not works whit the Editor, but it works fine on the normal unreal engine:

(Thanks for your answer )

Attached Files

Comment

Here just as an example, on the unreal engine the import of FBX-files works perfect

Attached Files

Comment

Yeah I have problem with materials as well. Suddenly my model has 200 material ID's instead of 4 and they are all wrong. :P
            My portfolio : krystian.krissart.pl
            My UT map (WIP) : Tropical Tower

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissx2 View Post
              Suddenly my model has 200 material ID's instead of 4 and they are all wrong. :P
              That’s crazy xD
              Now I installed the unreal engine 4.7.6 and there I open all my FBX-files, the normal engine open the files perfect, without errors, so I save the files there as uasset-files. After that I migrate all the files into my folder on the UT-Editor and it works. But it’s so inconvenient, to do that all the time, when I need a FBX-file.
              I hope they fix this bug on the next version of the UT-Editor

Comment

Working...
              X