Infinity Blade Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinity Blade Content

Anyone else get the e-mail about a free massive download of content from Infinity Blade? This sounds awesome, but it makes me wonder if this would be available to the UT editor or just projects in the engine itself?

Any clue?

W.I.P.s
    DM-Containers

It's free to use for any project. You'll need to move the assets it into UT, that's about it. Already downloading myself.
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

I got the email too. Can someone report how large the textures are? Infinity Blade was originally for mobile, right? The assets might be lower res. It's still great for Epic to give out the content though.
      DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Cool, downloading now!

Comment

A quick video to show you guys what's included in the free infinity blade assets so you can see what you're downloading :P https://youtu.be/CxQEYsA_gWc

Comment

I was wondering the same about this. Mox or Wail, can you report on the texture sizes? Are they right for UT or geared towards mobile?

If these work well for UT, it would be great if Epic just baked them in the UT builds. Yeah the build size would go up but downloading maps made with these assets should be much quicker.
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

just a note on the IB characters they have 2k textures - diffuse/normal/mask
              looks like they are rigged to the UE4 Sk_Mannequin
              UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
              ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                I was wondering the same about this. Mox or Wail, can you report on the texture sizes? Are they right for UT or geared towards mobile?

If these work well for UT, it would be great if Epic just baked them in the UT builds. Yeah the build size would go up but downloading maps made with these assets should be much quicker.
                They are geared towards mobile but I think they'll be ok for ... let's call them... FPS maps. Most of the textures seem to be 1024 x 1024 however a single texture has the graphics for multiple meshes (as many as 10 or even more in most of the ones I looked at). If each mesh had it's own texture the textures would be quite small.

And the assets don't work in 4.8 so we'll have to wait until the game editor moves to 4.9.... Either that or go through a very tedious process to convert everything. No thanks, I'll just wait for 4.9

I was a little disappointed they require 4.9 because I wanted to try a few of the meshes in my maps right away!

The meshes themselves are well made and quite modular too. With higher res textures they'd look great. Someone who's more artistically inclined could make them look really good by redoing the textures.
                Last edited by MoxNix; 09-11-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                  They are geared towards mobile but I think they'll be ok for ... let's call them... FPS maps. Most of the textures seem to be 1024 x 1024 however a single texture has the graphics for multiple meshes (as many as 10 or even more in most of the ones I looked at). If each mesh had it's own texture the textures would be quite small.

And the assets don't work in 4.8 so we'll have to wait until the game editor moves to 4.9.... Either that or go through a very tedious process to convert everything. No thanks, I'll just wait for 4.9

I was a little disappointed they require 4.9 because I wanted to try a few of the meshes in my maps right away!

The meshes themselves are well made and quite modular too. With higher res textures they'd look great. Someone who's more artistically inclined could make them look really good by redoing the textures.
                  Thanks for the update!
                  Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

I haven't looked at the environment stuff but the real prize out of all these assets (for me) is the sound effects. Solid sound is way more important than people think. The particle effects aren't anything spectacular to look at either but are probably useful for getting a basic idea of something in, then building on top of that.
                    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

The enemy pack is pretty good, some models like the bugs and stuff could be used for testing invasion and such....also had good amount of anims each
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

The audio pack seems to have disappeared off the marketplace tonight.

Comment

Did I see a chicken? Please, someone tell me that was a chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by slug View Post
                            Did I see a chicken? Please, someone tell me that was a chicken.
                            Yeah I think its the only one thats not animated but they said they will be updating anims shortly for models that dont have them, but its a nice looking chicken
                            https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                              It's free to use for any project. You'll need to move the assets it into UT, that's about it. Already downloading myself.
                              I wonder if we are officialy allowed to modify and re-use these assets in our UT levels. The same question applies to UE demos' assets.

// edit
                              Thx, MoxNix. That's great!
                              Last edited by insomnaut; 09-12-2015, 04:01 PM.
                              @insomnaut aka charon / DM-Coma / ArmorWare

Comment

Working...
                              X