Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Rankin (For the community, from the heart)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    DM-Rankin (For the community, from the heart)

    (Updated September 24th, 2015)
    ---->Initial Release

    (Updated September 25th, 2015)
    ---->Navigation fixed, just packed it and filled it with 10 bots. Carnage.
    ---->I lightened up the map by about 20% for others. I'm doing production lighting build and the new download should be available today (September 25th) for download! Sorry for the map launch issues.

    (Download Updated September 25th)

    Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cmr5946xa...ditor.pak?dl=0





    Hello Unreal Tournament community.

    Hello Renegade, Hydro, Perfection, Neil, Tierce, Kam, GS3K, Jake, Shinobi, K3RIUM, Murf, GoLink, Soulless, Tigris, Freeman, CombatCarl, Stryfe, Hatebreed, Skaven, and Frantic. (if I forgot any of you, I'm sorry, I smoke too much weed and my memory sucks)

    This build is currently and compatible with U4.6

    Let me first begin by saying that I am glad to see an open UT project like this. I've met some great people while working on this project (thank you for your help Timey) and It seems to be doing great even in pre-alpha!



    This map has a great place in my heart. I mean it has to, I played it (along with some of the people I mentioned above
    and many more) for 10+ years of my life. There were a few other competitive 1vs1 maps made, but Rankin was the default and most-played map for real matches (aside from Lea or Roughinary). So yea, it's seen some action!

    I have remade Rankin.

    If you don't know what map this is, it was an extremely popular competitive
    1vs1 map in UT2k4. This map can also however be used in open/big deathmatchs perfectly.


    Changes to the original map:
    -Small Jump to compensate for the double-doge + shoulder jump movement UT2k4 had.

    -Added extra 50 shield (theighpads?) behind the sniper (yes I had to use the sniper rifle in place of the Lightning Gun location). Why though? Because the damage values are different for rockets and flak in UT4 thus far than they were in UT2k4. Thus, I feel like extra stacking is
    necessary for map control.

    -Added extra 25 + 5(3) health above rocket room (opposite side of 50 shield on the map) .


    I will update this map as needed. Please leave your thoughts and depending on their weight with others, I will change/implement them!

    If there are errors with the next patch, I will attempt my best to correct them as well.

    Apparently there's a new rustic metal set coming soon, this map might even look more like the original one day. we shall see


    ENJOY THE SLAUGHTER

    Attached Files
    Last edited by Teln3t; 09-25-2015, 10:44 PM.

    #2
    Thanks for making the map, I love Rankin! One thing I noticed it that the bots do not move... perhaps your missing your Navmesh? Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KDazrBx6IY
    http://forbiddenparadise.us/forums/i...th-UT4-HUB.png
    forbiddenparadise.us

    Comment


      #3
      Hi! I didnt test the map but from what I can see from the screenshots it looks a bit too red-ish/rusty. Maybe you should add a bit of contrast to textures / meshes of the floor? The map looks really good, keep up the good work! (I loved rankin...)

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Lucid Dreams View Post
        Thanks for making the map, I love Rankin! One thing I noticed it that the bots do not move... perhaps your missing your Navmesh? Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KDazrBx6IY
        Yep, missing the nav-mesh. Must have just forgotten it. I'll get it in today. Stay posted.



        Originally posted by viperozza View Post
        Hi! I didnt test the map but from what I can see from the screenshots it looks a bit too red-ish/rusty. Maybe you should add a bit of contrast to textures / meshes of the floor? The map looks really good, keep up the good work! (I loved rankin...)
        I'll try and lighten up the skylight a bit. The original have a very orange-red rustic feel on all the meshes. I tried to match that while still making everything clearly visible. Anyways, I'll lighten up the ambient skylight by about 20%. Sound fair? Building production lighting with new bot paths now. Check back tonight!
        Last edited by Teln3t; 09-25-2015, 03:53 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          I'm working on "original" rankin, fixed lights etc from exporter, now in phase of adding static meshes, yours look "ok", but I dislike the map whole map colour.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by bass3 View Post
            I'm working on "original" rankin, fixed lights etc from exporter, now in phase of adding static meshes, yours look "ok", but I dislike the map whole map colour.
            Great! More Rankin the better

            I've adjusted the lighting if you read today's update. It's building now.

            Comment


              #7
              This new revision is amazing! Keep up the good work Teln3t {:

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Teln3t View Post
                Great! More Rankin the better

                I've adjusted the lighting if you read today's update. It's building now.
                gonna check it out! I was busy working on wood parts of map, I think i got them "ok", stretched some of static meshes available in editor, I really like that rust, its actually giving me inspiration for map, like:

                "after years of battle, and rain stops, sun shines, on some parts the rust is crazy, pipes broken heat smoke coming out of them, those barrels in mid on ground with acid spilled on the floor, the actual floor has some parts missing, instead grass started to grow, from lights shooting some infiltrator effects, like sparks, and its barely working, some windows are broken from battle, and there is plants growing out of walls now"

                I really like screenshots and the materials you used, but doesn't feel "rankin" to me atm

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by bass3 View Post
                  gonna check it out! I was busy working on wood parts of map, I think i got them "ok", stretched some of static meshes available in editor, I really like that rust, its actually giving me inspiration for map, like:

                  "after years of battle, and rain stops, sun shines, on some parts the rust is crazy, pipes broken heat smoke coming out of them, those barrels in mid on ground with acid spilled on the floor, the actual floor has some parts missing, instead grass started to grow, from lights shooting some infiltrator effects, like sparks, and its barely working, some windows are broken from battle, and there is plants growing out of walls now"

                  I really like screenshots and the materials you used, but doesn't feel "rankin" to me atm

                  Exactly my mentality when making this. Maybe you can do better? Rankin has seen thousands of matches of blood and death over the years. The rain is gone, the sky is orange, and nothing is left but rustic barriers to keep the structure together. PM me what you got!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Where do I drop the file? Into unrealtournament/paks?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      The scale from the screen shots seems very narrow for UT4 movement. Even for 2004 movement. The shock area is way bigger even the upper area, up the stairs, in the original.

                      There is a map scale program that is posted on the forums if you want to scale it up so its bigger.
                      Join the community Facebook page
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by code187 View Post
                        The scale from the screen shots seems very narrow for UT4 movement. Even for 2004 movement. The shock area is way bigger even the upper area, up the stairs, in the original.

                        There is a map scale program that is posted on the forums if you want to scale it up so its bigger.

                        I can't say. Added about 20 bots and it was crazy carnage. Plenty of room for all of UT4 movement, I even adjusted the 50 hallway to compensate.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Can you plz move the thread in the appropriate "Work in Progress" forum
                          Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar A1, DM-Aryth R1, DM-Aly R1, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X