X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds only in a specific area

Hey guys,

i'm rly struggling with the following:
    in my own map I have jumppads with a sound when triggered.
    this sound is heard though in the whole map by all players, no matter if your far or close from the jumppad.
    I have tried like everything, in blueprints or use a predefined jumppad: no change.
    what am I doing wrong :/

PS: a sound like water/air in the specified 'sound-area' works for me. only about those jumppads, or when it's 'triggered'
    Visit our website unreal-battles.net
    Join the
    European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

There is a specific sound object used for adding sound at specific locations in a map. I cant remember off the top of my head where, but a real easy way to get one is just steal the object from another map. I know Outpost23 has a lot of ambient sounds all over the map, the fan room does. Find the sound object, copy it, open your map, paste it where you want it, then modify it as needed. Change the sound file that is played, the volume, the audible range.
    PayBack

Comment

unfortunately i cant get this to work still, even by copying a jumppad from an epic map
      any ideas??
      Visit our website unreal-battles.net
      Join the
      European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

Comment

You must be doing something wrong. I copy and paste **** all the time from Epic maps. If you cant get anything to copy and paste, you either arent copying and pasting properly or your computer is just messed.
        PayBack

Comment

Working...
        X