Free Epic Nature/Open World Demo Assets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Epic Nature/Open World Demo Assets

Not sure if everyone knows about this, but it just adds more material to the map making arsenal. Ive been looking around the web for free assets and found that Epic is giving away these assets for free from the Open World Demo.

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...emo-collection

PayBack

They give a lot of stuff away for free, but I'm still unable to get them to open in the unreal editor.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

I havent tried these assets yet, I see no reason why they wouldnt work. Make sure you are putting them in the correct location, just like how cooked maps need to use the exact string they used to cook them on the server, content needs to be installed the exact same way. Ill test this set when I get some tonight, but really it should just be put everything they give you directly into the /ResitrictedAssetes/Content folder. Dont make new folders or put it anywhere else or the properties dont match up in the material blue prints.
      PayBack

Comment

don't some of the rocks have 2x 4k textures on them? I've downloaded more or less all the Unreal Engine stuff, there are a lot of things that would fit well in UT, even the new VR train station demo looks like it has some nice stuff in it. I would love it if Epic did offiical UT ports their demo stuff where they adjusted textures sizes or whatever and made it so that we don't have to port stuff over ourselves (we'll end up with several different versions of the same attets that way), but instead it's simply a part of the UT client/editor
        Last edited by Quotidian; 10-01-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Yeah, demo itself requires 32Gb RAM to run, so you'll need to reduce the texture quality to make these assets work an on average PC. I'd actually look at the Infinity Blade assets - these can would require much less work, since they came from a mobile game. Looking at today's video of the demo with Darth Vader, I'd say these will look good enough for PC.
          "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
          - RenegadeRetard

Comment

yeah didnt realize that, never mind these assets.

The assets in this pack are designed for extremely high end systems. Load times of up to an hour are expected when opening the maps for the first time. Please also have 4GB of free space on your Harddrive to accommodate the DerivedDataCache created by this content.

This pack includes:
            -42 Photo-realistic meshes with LODs
            -17 Foliage
            -21 Rocks
            - 4 Trees
            -138 Textures from 2048 up to 8192
            -14 Tiling Ground Materials with Normal and Displacement maps
            PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
              They give a lot of stuff away for free, but I'm still unable to get them to open in the unreal editor.
              Download the UE4 editor 4.8 version and the 4.8 version of the project, add the project to UE4, then open the project in UE4 and "migrate" the entire Content folder to your UT4 editor Content folder.

Depending on the demo you may need to do a little editing (changing player controller and things like that in project or world settings) to get maps to load in game but most of the assets will be just fine.

It's very important your UE4 editor and projects are on the same (or lower) engine version as the game is on. If you use UE4 4.9 the assets won't work with UT4 4.8... If there isn't a 4.8 or earlier version of a project then you won't be able to use the assets in it until the UT4 editor version catches up.
              Last edited by MoxNix; 10-01-2015, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Comment

What's gonna happen if I'll recreate some assets from Jazz Jackrabbit 3(alpha demo) and then post/upload to Epic Games's/Tencent's Unreal Marketplace will they delete these? Due to reasons like spamming,trolling and shitposting,DMCA,copyrights infridgement because don't care about it and they are doing whatever they want. Will they lawsuit me and permamently or temporarily ban me from unreal engine forums? I don't want to pay very high money penalties to them.

Comment

Working...
                  X