DM-Pressure, anyone interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Happy to make it, but I don't have any of the files so if someone can provide this I can put it together for you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd like to see more of those classic, old school ones for sure and maybe some less iconic UT maps, such as Hall of Mirrors for example, that was purely simple yet grossly fun, watching yourself in the mirror and running into your enemy only around the first turn. All consuming run and gun mayhem. The map sizes have stretched out considerably since the first version, so I am afraid those days may be gone for good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It used to be one of my favorites. BTW, there was a good port of it even in UT2004, so i don't see any problem to "resurrect" it now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i liked that map for fun a lot in ut99, i guess many more will be happy with the remake of it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make any maps you like, if you build it they will come. Pressure is a fun map. Any UT99 map will be welcome by many.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DM-Pressure used to be my favourite DM map as a kid. As is mentioned, it's not competitive, but fun and interactive.

My vote would be to try making it as faithful as possible, only making adjustments to make the translation to UT4 feel better.

I'd also like to mention a project on the forums called DM-Radioactive, it features the distinct death-chamber with a button. It may be worth checking out, so you can make your project really different.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds like a plan. I'll try blocking out a very simplistic version of the original Pressure and then see how to expand from that. Here's something I thought up:

- The Warehouse side could need some of reworking. Easier access to the catwalks above the main arena through small lifts.
    - Add an extra pathway that connects the warehouse to the main hallway on both levels.
    - Cut the pillars in the main hallway to half and add catwalks over them, but add some ceiling pieces between the levels so players on the first floor can take cover from people coming from the catwalks.
    - What is the pressure chamber for? It needs a logical reason for being there.
    - The chamber could also use an entrance to the both sides.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think there are two ways you could approach this project.

The first would be as a faithful recreation. Pressure was never a competitive map, but it was fun as for casual play (something UT4 needs more of, imo). The thing about the map is that it doesn't seem like it will lend itself to the sort of interconnected, highly vertical, movement-emphasized gameplay that has been been prevalent since UT2004.

The other thing you could do would be to create a new level with its own layout that takes cues from Pressure, such as the pillar hall, the submerged keg, and the pressure chamber of course. Either way, you'll be better off making something because you love making it rather than because you think the map will have a huge audience- UT4's player base is pretty small right now. Do whatever seems like it will be more fun to you!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic DM-Pressure, anyone interested?

DM-Pressure, anyone interested?

Would you guys like to see DM-Pressure remade? If so, would it require any changes? Maybe a bit more verticality with the long open hallway? It's one of my favourites from the ye olde times of UT99 for its simple but effective trolling shenanigans. I'm thinking about dusting my old mapper skills and contributing to this great project, but only if people are interested in seeing it happen.
Working...
X