NavMesh woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NavMesh woes

I just made a large box to cover my entire level with a NavMesh volume. This map has some steep slopes that players can walk up and down on perfectly fine, but when I do the botpathing, the slopes don't get covered with the Green nav map (when you press <P>). However, now I have colored areas on the flat parts of the map. What's going on here?
    UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

I tried the same method (huge encompassing box) when starting out to quickly generate navmesh. But, by the time my map was mostly static meshes it was getting super inaccurate and slow, putting nav behind walls, under floors, above objects that were actually inside others, etc.

So to fix these issues, I took a couple of hours out of the day and placed down volumes ONLY around the playable space. I've attached an image to demonstrate. Build times are now super fast, and a lot more accurate.

Perhaps trying this will help with your situation?

Attached Files
    DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

Thanks for the tip Scinbed!
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Yeah, what I did was pretty quick and dirty. Seemed to be OK for the flat parts. I'm gonna put some more effort into it when I have some time and add smaller Navmesh volumes in, piecemeal.
        UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Yup, always use the smaller more accurate nav meshes. Also dont put nav meshes in until you are done with geometry and lighting...stupid bug.
          PayBack

Comment

Working...
          X