Gael

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gael

For those of you who don't remember it, or weren't there, gael was possibly the simplest ut2 map, featuring 2 double gun spawns, two lifts at either end of a room, and a pit trap in the middle with a random spawn on the platform above it.

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in remaking it? It was never really a serious map, but was fun to play gametypes like last man standing in it due to the bloodbath that ensued.

Thanks in advance

I think someone already did.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...highlight=gael

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Yep, I did. The .pak isn't up to date for the current build of UT, but I can rebuild and repack it if you want. I did it mostly as a learning exercise and to test some things, and haven't been keeping it up-to-date. I need to make some proper normal maps for pretty much every material, and the meshes are straight out of UT2003 and definitely show their age.

If you're interested in taking over map development, I can send you the files I used and the .umap.

Comment

It looks great! I'm sorry to say that I have 0 experience with map development, so I can't really polish it off, but thank you for your contribution, I hope this becomes a default as it was in ut2.

Comment

Working...
        X