CTF-CastleWarss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-CastleWarss

Hello community. I recently made my first map and its called: Castlewars !
    Please have a look at the pictures and say wat you think about it! thanks!

File upload will be here as soon as possible!

Please comment !

Map Download link: http://www.filedropper.com/ctf-castlewarss

Updated CastleWars map have a look! still not finished and in alpha form! will be better soon

Will be availble on my ut pre alpha server to have a look!

Click image for larger version

Name:	3f9232f30db451d534e124ea7e3bd755.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	521.6 KB
ID:	361879Click image for larger version

Name:	cssssas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	489.1 KB
ID:	361880
    Attached Files
    Last edited by daisukii; 04-02-2016, 09:37 AM.

Looks good so far, but a bit empty. The openness should make for a fun LGI ctf map.
    PayBack

Comment

i do agree that its a bit empty. have been thinking for a long time what to add to it. any suggestion you could think of?
      Maybe i should make an underground cave with 4 entrances/exit 1 exit to each castle and 2 for in the middle. lets say a sort of mine underneath. what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by daisukii View Post
        i do agree that its a bit empty. have been thinking for a long time what to add to it. any suggestion you could think of?
        Maybe i should make an underground cave with 4 entrances/exit 1 exit to each castle and 2 for in the middle. lets say a sort of mine underneath. what do you think?
        I think you need more detail, lots and lots of more detail. It currently looks like a UT99 map, just BSPs with a few meshes. Google pictures of castles and take inspiration from those.
        PayBack

Comment

I spy with my little eye... a RuneScape player! Am I right?

Comment

thats correct. wat do u think of the map? any suggestion ?

Comment

First of all, i'm not a pro CTFer in Unreal. Not without strangeloves, at least. I'd say this map offers itself to a sniper kind of play, which is not bad.

1) i'd add a first floor within the external walls of both the castles and the same for the one in the middle of the arena. You should be able to keep critical paths under sniper aim from within those walls, so a few arrow slits/windows may be in order. MAYBE you should put the controls of the main door (the one locked in runescape) within these walls, so that you need to capture that place in order for your flagged team mate to pass through without translocator.

2) Maybe i'm a nub, but i can't see the underground level. If you didn't already build it, be creative: it's the "only" viable way for non sniper players, put some shock rifles, flacks, rocket launcers... some cover, non-flat terrain, maybe a couple of hazards to avoid making it the 100% best route.

3) Some goes for the outside. A ruined cart where you can take cover, broken (or even working!) catapults, make it so going from my corner of the field to your corner of the field isn't just being a target practice for snipers. Make it so taking my head will require at least a minimum amount of skill :P

4) I don't mind a map with basic meshes and textures as long as it's fun, but most people here will (rightly) want an unreal4-quality map. You may want to work on details and such.

5) my rs name is "To Glory", feel free to add me if you still play there

That's all i can think of right now. Something will follow once i play it.

Comment

Updated Map still in Beta!

Comment

Working...
                X