Material Sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material Sequence

In unreal engine 3 there was a Material Sequence we could use to display a sequence of textures sort of like a slideshow. Mostly used for those "animated" level screenshots that would show several different views of the map spaced a few seconds apart.

I'd like to do something similar with level screenshots in UT4. Does anyone know of a way to do that under unreal engine 4?

Flipbooks aren't what I'm looking for... I want something I can just plug 2 or more textures or materials into and have it display them one after another in a loop.

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
    In unreal engine 3 there was a Material Sequence we could use to display a sequence of textures sort of like a slideshow. Mostly used for those "animated" level screenshots that would show several different views of the map spaced a few seconds apart.

I'd like to do something similar with level screenshots in UT4. Does anyone know of a way to do that under unreal engine 4?

Flipbooks aren't what I'm looking for... I want something I can just plug 2 or more textures or materials into and have it display them one after another in a loop.

I tried looking for this awhile ago too but gave up for now! I have a couple maps that used that technique that I want to recreate for ut4 some day!

.... so yes, interested with this as well!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Hmm as far as I know I don't think it can be done with just a texture, which is what the level-shot property takes as an input. It'd be nice to see that implemented down the road though.

Actually now that I think about it, allowing a video in that spot would be cool too.
      DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

I was just thinking about this last night as well, there has to be a way to do this, but if there is, I don't know what it is. If anyone does figure it out, I'd love to know.

Comment

I believe this will work for you.

Material parameter collections might look scary but you can get simple ones setup pretty quickly in blueprints.

I guess you are talking about using materials/textures that already exist and need importing into a scene/map? This is one such way of doing this and can be compiled for a UT map and run as a background item if simple, or even as a functional UI/switch system if you really want, but then we are getting deeper into a topic.
          Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Working...
          X