The Community Map Building Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Community Map Building Game

I thought this would be really fun to create something with our community.

I've created a basic map shell, feel free to add or remove anything you like, I've left plenty of room for additives and subtractions. I've put random spotlights in just to give the map some visibility, theme can be anything as long as it all matches and looks good. (nothing too crazy on the eyes)

We get a list of people who would like to participate, each person spends no more than one day adding to the map before zipping up and uploading the umap file, content file and pak file to the RushBase account provided. https://ut.rushbase.net/publicmaps I will PM the password to everyone on the build list so they can upload their build.

Community Map Builder List

1. effects69 (^FX)

I've added a Rushbase link to the umap file.

Instructions

• Download the zip file, extract the umap file and the content file. Place them in the Unreal Tournament content folder
    • open the umap in your editor
    • Add to the map, BSP, Meshes, Textures, lighting, weapons, ammo (anything you like)
    • Map has to be playable so nothing silly.
    • keep brushes to the grid, it's currently set to 10
    • If you add any custom content make sure you save it into the *Community-Map content folder provided*
    • Add your name using the TextRendor Actor to something in the level. Nothing too big, mine has been added to a crate (^FX)
    • once you have finished making the changes, rename the map Community-Map-(version) 01,02,03 and so on
    • Cook (share level)and add the Pak file to the zip with the umap and content folder
    • Upload the umap file and any relevant content to the rushbase account provided Publicmap password publicmap
    • Make a post on this thread with your updated version and some screenshots.

Once we are done with this map we can start another, but this time the the second person on the list builds the first shell.

That's it! Who is gonna be second on the list?

Attached Files
    Last edited by FXTR4; 01-10-2016, 06:06 PM.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Neat idea and I would definitely be down for it, however I think you did too much to start with this map. You have already decided the BSP layout, powerups, weapons, health, jump pads and everything else. Youve also tagged the map with your clan name. I would be down if it was a true start from scratch map. You also might want to do this on a github version so that people can work on simultaneously.
    PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
      Youve also tagged the map with your clan name. .
      DM-community-Map-01.umap <---- where is the clan name/tag?

...and as far as the shell, the only text is his game/user name? ... that's not a "clan" name FYI!

... ^FX, you should just keep this and run with it! .... layout looks good enough to "run" with it imo!
      Last edited by Laambo; 01-12-2016, 01:33 PM.

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

I would be up for this. I think it would be fun to have a huge group of people work on one map. But as PayBack said this map is far too developed.

Maybe everyone works on a basic 2D layout, this can be made of several images for vertical layers, via just image editing in paint or photoshop. Once we figure out a basic layout we assign each section of the map to a person. They will create their section out of BSPs. With the basic layout done via BSP we then get on a server and playtest it. Make modifications to our sections based on feedback. Once that is done start meshing and texturing our locations. Playtest more and modify until we are happy.

This could be a really fun exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by combly7 View Post
          I would be up for this. I think it would be fun to have a huge group of people work on one map. But as PayBack said this map is far too developed.

Maybe everyone works on a basic 2D layout, this can be made of several images for vertical layers, via just image editing in paint or photoshop. Once we figure out a basic layout we assign each section of the map to a person. They will create their section out of BSPs. With the basic layout done via BSP we then get on a server and playtest it. Make modifications to our sections based on feedback. Once that is done start meshing and texturing our locations. Playtest more and modify until we are happy.

This could be a really fun exercise.
          Now this is is something I would like to be involved in.

Please setup a thread and I'll sign it.
          Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Give me a few and I will get a thread up with a start to the 2D map and some rules.

Comment

OK, I will get something new started and lets get the ball rolling!
              Win 10
              iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
              NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
              DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
              2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
                OK, I will get something new started and lets get the ball rolling!
                ... they already rolling with this bro! HERE!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Working...
                X