Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Consider a single player campaign? E.g. Unreal 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Consider a single player campaign? E.g. Unreal 3?

This is probably the wrong place, but I was just thinking about this.

I've been playing the current UT build and it's....fantastic. It's such a good engine and framework, I'd really kinda like to see a singleplayer campaign done with it.

I know this is "UT," not "Unreal," but I think a singleplayer story campaign is something to at least keep in mind, if nothing else.

Just as a note, the only thing I see really being complicated are getting good actors and writing a decent story. I'd bet this community is completely capable of doing everything else.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by PancakeMaster; 04-18-2016, 07:42 PM.

I always preferred the campaign style of UT'99/2K4, where you go through the Liandri Grand Tournament with your team, ripping and tearing through the ranks until it gets down to the finale between you and Xan.

Comment

Haha, yeah, see I always found that really boring. That being said, I could see it being implemented in tandem with some meaningful story in the background that develops slowly to produce an actually interesting campaign. Like it starts out as just "tourney," but then some background stuff comes in and, ultimately, you end up fighting for a cause or something I dunno.

Could still have a Xan showdown, though. Just maybe with a purpose other than "win the tournament."

Comment

Unreal Tournament 4's game mechanics would be really weird with a storyline. UT3's FLaGs were one of many sad examples. It's also a no-brainer that an Unreal Tournament storyline should be about the Tournament (another thing UT3 decidedly failed on). While an Unreal 3 campaign would have more liberties, this isn't Unreal 3.

On the spectrum of storylines, I'd expect an Unreal Tournament campaign to end up more like Tekken or X-Com. Though, for a billion dollars I'd go full Bioware. (Okay, not full Bioware. I'm drawing the line at relationship meters. No amount of bribery will make Gorge like you.)

Comment

The problem with UT3 was that it brought war into Tournament (or the other way around). Yet the tournament in the dystopian future with big corporations competing in it could be perfect a backdrop for ladder-like campaign. I haven't played the campaign mode in UC2, but I think it had something similar.
          Last edited by _Lynx; 04-18-2016, 10:38 PM.
          "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
          - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I do consider single-player and PvE missions cause I always liked exploration of alien worlds, jungle, old temples, while being attacked by skaarj, investigate on izanagi activities and discover some sneaky secrets

Once the invasion mode fully functional and with some help I'll be able to create few "open-world missions" in the unreal universe.
            DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
            Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

i want to see a first person shooter like unreal 2 with the movement of this game. sp n mp does not have be related.

Comment

Working...
              X