HELP! Swarm Agent Fail After Latest Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] HELP! Swarm Agent Fail After Latest Build

Since the latest build, one of maps has a swarm agent fail, I've tried various things, like deleting meshes textures and so on, but I'm still getting a fail All other maps build just fine. I haven't added anything new to my map since the new update, and it build just fine before then. Any ideas?

Swarm agent log.

11:01:20 AM: [Interface:TryOpenConnection] Local connection established
    11:01:20 AM: [Job] Accepted Job 000FE13F-49BBFB5F-DA882184-8A289FC6
    11:01:23 AM: [Interface:OpenChannel] Error: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Byron\AppData\Local\UnrealTournament\4.12\Saved\Swarm\SwarmCache\AgentStagingArea\8487AD2E5DBA413C81373D29B2915895.B60FF292448B1293EE134FA7CB923C46.mtrlgz' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at NSwarm.FSwarmInterface.OpenChannel(String ChannelName, EChannelFlags ChannelFlags)
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Yeah mine stopped working after the 5/12 build as well.
    PayBack

Comment

Try deleting the cashe and making sure you're only running one instance of UE4.

Comment

Thanks Nato

n00b question.. but where is the cashe I need to delete? I'm only running 1 instance of the editor.

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
        Try deleting the cashe and making sure you're only running one instance of UE4.
        Win 10
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Did you ever find a solution?

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
          Yeah mine stopped working after the 5/12 build as well.
          Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Clear the cache here

As mentioned, make sure there aren't multiple instances of UE4 or the Swarm related processes running (use the task manager).
            Attached Files
            C++: Spray prototype | Compilation Tweaks | Maps: Quayside (inactive)

Comment

Thx, I did that, but it's still giving me the same error

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
              Clear the cache here

As mentioned, make sure there aren't multiple instances of UE4 or the Swarm related processes running (use the task manager).
              Win 10
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Did you make sure to update the swarm coordinator and other swarm agent applications? Sometimes new engine versions also include new swarm agent versions.
                PayBack

Comment

12:20:11 PM: [Interface:OpenChannel] Error: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Byron\AppData\Local\UnrealTournament\4.12\Saved\Swarm\SwarmCache\AgentStagingArea\8487AD2E5DBA413C81373D29B2915895.E75A55C3439DADD20BEDB7A4058B3091.mtrlgz' because it is being used by another process.
                  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
                  at NSwarm.FSwarmInterface.OpenChannel(String ChannelName, EChannelFlags ChannelFlags)
                  Win 10
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

This is odd. So I just looked it up.

Old version of Swarm Agent: 1.7.2893.0
                    5/12 version of Swarm Agent: 1.7.2892.0

It looks like it was reverted?
                    PayBack

Comment

I just fixed mine by copying all the files in C:\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournamentEditor\Engine\Binaries\DotNET on my Editor computer to the folder in my Swarm coordinator computer and used them to start it. Weird because now it says both are using 1.7.2893.0

Edit: actually I am an idiot and was looking at the swarm agent on my laptop, not my desktop.
                      Last edited by PayBack; 05-17-2016, 03:36 PM.
                      PayBack

Comment

Tried all that, didn't work... Ahhh!

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
                        I just fixed mine by copying all the files in C:\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournamentEditor\Engine\Binaries\DotNET on my Editor computer to the folder in my Swarm coordinator computer and used them to start it. Weird because now it says both are using 1.7.2893.0

Edit: actually I am an idiot and was looking at the swarm agent on my laptop, not my desktop.
                        Win 10
                        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Deleted all other versions of the umap files, now I verifying the editor.
                          Win 10
                          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

OK, that didn't work.
                            Win 10
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

OK, after hours of trial and error, I found that if I remove all the DM-Chill ice assets the lighting builds. Not sure why they no longer work. So fingers crossed it doesn't mess up again! If it does I will let you know.

BIG thanks for all the help everyone! it's very very much appreciated!
                              Win 10
                              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Working...
                              X