there must be a great trick i am missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there must be a great trick i am missing

i am fairly convinced that there must be a way how to copy dimensions of a brush and apply them to a mesh. when i look at maps by epic, meshes have crazy scales like 3.508797979 so i am thinking that there must be a quick way of converting parts of your shell to meshes. anyone knows how to do that?
    PLEASE CHECK MY DUEL MAP >> DM-Central <<

Attached Files
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

could you be a little more descriptive please? where exactly is this button located? i dont see it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by shdw View Post
        could you be a little more descriptive please? where exactly is this button located? i dont see it anywhere.
        Click on a surface and look at the brush settings tab - it's right there, below the transform and above the surface materials.
        Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

i am fairly convinced that there must be a way how to copy dimensions of a brush and apply them to a mesh. when i look at maps by epic, meshes have crazy scales like 3.508797979 so i am thinking that there must be a quick way of converting parts of your shell to meshes. anyone knows how to do that?
          ... or they use the scale widget instead of dropping in a number!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

oh, found it. it was hidden under the arrow button for advanced options. but that seems to create a mesh with exactly the same shape as the brush. which i suppose is useful when you want to get things into a 3d modelling program and refine it. what i was after is giving existing modular mesh exactly the same size as the (presumably cube) brush.

Comment

oh, found it. it was hidden under the arrow button for advanced options. but that seems to create a mesh with exactly the same shape as the brush. which i suppose is useful when you want to get things into a 3d modelling program and refine it. what i was after is giving existing modular mesh exactly the same size as the (presumably cube) brush.
              Let me make sure I am reading that right.

You got an existing static mesh on the grid.
              You want it to have the same dimensions as an existing brush?

Why don't you set the dimensions inside the 3D program before importing it? Or 'spline inside UET4, if it's a trim for example?

If you want to alter the scale of something, just scale it like Laambo mentioned.
              Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

no the other way around. i have a brush and i want that to be the source of dimensions for a mesh.

Comment

Use math!

Measure the dimensions of the brush using middle mouse in 2D viewport, measure the size of your mesh, divide the brush dimension x by the mesh dimension x and there you have your x scaling value.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangley View Post
                    Measure the dimensions of the brush using middle mouse in 2D viewport, measure the size of your mesh, divide the brush dimension x by the mesh dimension x and there you have your x scaling value.
                    that is quite a good solution. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X