how to disable texture scaling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to disable texture scaling?

when i change the size of a mesh, the texture scales appropriately. most of the time it's cool but with some seamless textures it's better to keep them at their original scale. is that possible?
    PLEASE CHECK MY DUEL MAP >> DM-Central <<

It's possible, but it's not the "right" way to do it. The proper way is to modify the UV maps on the mesh.

You can add Texture Coordinates to the material to give it a fixed scaling. This will use the same scaling for all objects using the material.

An alternative is to add Absolute World Position to your material. What this does is it maps the material relative to the object's position in space. If you scale the object, the texture will stay the same size. If you move the object, you will see the material moving across it too, because the object's position determines the material. In the example, those scalars 0.01,0.01 and 0.5,0.5 are just scaling the UV. You can adjust these to adjust the texture size.

Absolute World Position requires extra computation at runtime so I wouldn't say it's the right way to do it.
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

yes i meant material. thanks for such a good answer tidu. i was wondering if there's function right in the editor so that you wouldn't have to tweak materials. but i guess there isnt. i did find a semi-workaround which is to use a mesh of different size so you can get the right fit or something that scales "more appropriately".
      PLEASE CHECK MY DUEL MAP >> DM-Central <<

Comment

Working...
      X