Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] Play button does not play my level

Guys,

I'm trying to build a simple level to start a development for a game, and I'm facing an unusual problem. After a few BSPs in place, when I want to test the level and click on the Play button, instead of playing through the level, a screen appears and I cannot do anything. The screen is similar to the menu for UT online (posted below), however, no link works, and my level cannot be tested. Has anyone seem it somewhere? Is there a fix to this problem?

Attached Files

This Play button (?) and if yes what mode do you have selected!?

...as you can see I use "New Editor Window (PIE)"!

Attached Files

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Hey Laambo, thanks for the reply;

I'm trying to test in the same viewport (first option in the Play menu); I just tested in the option you highlighted and it happens the same thing. The same menu shows up and I cannot do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by GRCosta View Post
        Hey Laambo, thanks for the reply;

I'm trying to test in the same viewport (first option in the Play menu); I just tested in the option you highlighted and it happens the same thing. The same menu shows up and I cannot do anything.
        Did you set the game mode in the world details section?
        PayBack

Comment

Are you initially signed in the launcher before launching the editor?

... not sure if that would make a difference unless new bug!?

Comment

Yes. In the beggining of the set-dressing, I can test and run around the level without problems. After a few BSPs added, goes for that screen. I don't need to change anything else to have this bug appearing.

Comment

[MENTION=18251]Laambo[/MENTION] The issue appears both signed in or offline mode, in 2 different machines. It does not appear in a co-worker machine, thou.

Comment

Do a "Save As" and give your map a new name or a version to make the name different and rebuild/save and see if still doing same thing!?

... is everything in "World Settings" (like PayBack mentioned) still in its default settings or have you set any of those already!?

Comment

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
                  Do a "Save As" and give your map a new name or a version to make the name different and rebuild/save and see if still doing same thing!?

... is everything in "World Settings" (like PayBack mentioned) still in its default settings or have you set any of those already!?
                  SO, I figure it out this weird bug.
                  I was using a shared computer in college, and used brackets ([]) on my folder name, so I could easily find it in the sea of folders in the computer.

THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. I saved in a different folder without brackets, works as it should. Moved back into the bracketed folder, same problem reappears.

This gotta be the most unusual problem I've faced so far.
                  [MENTION=18251]Laambo[/MENTION], thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by GRCosta View Post
                    SO, I figure it out this weird bug.
                    I was using a shared computer in college, and used brackets ([]) on my folder name, so I could easily find it in the sea of folders in the computer.

THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. I saved in a different folder without brackets, works as it should. Moved back into the bracketed folder, same problem reappears.

This gotta be the most unusual problem I've faced so far.
                    @Laambo, thanks for all the suggestions.

glad you got this figured out!

.... yeah, if you want to work with the project on different computers you must drop the .umap folder [without changing name] of your project in the same location/directory on both (or whatever) computer/s.

Comment

Working...
                    X