Anyone remaking the default maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remaking the default maps?

Looking around here I didn't see anyone remaking the original default maps; Coret, Face, etc. Is anyone looking into that?

Saw on reddit that this were the maps scheduled to be remade by Epic:

CTF-w00t
    CTF-Extortion
    CTF-Gauntlet
    CTF-Niven
    CTF-DUKU
    CTF-November
    CTF-FacingWorld

DM- Deck 16

-

Then i've looked in the announcement and noticed that they said they were going to bring the old maps back. Guess it's legit!

I'm very happy for DUKU and w00t.
    work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

w00t was awesome although if I remember correctly wasn't that a fan made map? I could be thinking of something else. CTF-Gauntlet on the other hand, while a classic map, was horribly imbalanced. One team had the high ground in defending, however the other team could drop the flag through the base and pick it up for a quick capture.

Comment

Yes it's fan made. Duku is fan made too.
        work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Epic has no plans to remake any old maps yet (aside from porting over some old BSP shells for scale reference). If we were to do this, we'd have to take a close look at movement and weapon changes; for examples, the addition or removal of double jump and changes to dodge distance could have a major impact on old map designs.
          Jim Brown
          @EntropicDev
          Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
            Epic has no plans to remake any old maps yet (aside from porting over some old BSP shells for scale reference). If we were to do this, we'd have to take a close look at movement and weapon changes; for examples, the addition or removal of double jump and changes to dodge distance could have a major impact on old map designs.
            Understandable. That means I got dibs on remaking CTF-Coret =b Get the basic geometry in and then adjust where needed for updated physics and other changes.

Comment

Working...
            X