Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete Uninstall/Reinstall of UT4. What mapping files must be saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Uninstall/Reinstall of UT4. What mapping files must be saved?

I need to do a complete uninstall / reinstall of UT4 in order to move it to an SSD that has more space. (Right now I can't update my install of the Editor due to lack of space on its current HD, which has really put a damper on mapmaking). If I were to completely delete all UT4 game content, what folders / files must be saved so that I don't lose the maps I've worked on?

Do I basically just need to save the "Content" folder that's in this folder and then copy/paste it into a new game install?

D:\UT4 Editor\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament
    UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

yes, that should do the trick! .... you want all your assets/.umap files from the "Content" folder! <------ Right Click and save that folder!

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content

This is why they have been indicating to create your map folder and put all your assets into that folder that belongs to your map so this way you only need to save your own folders instead of the whole "content" folder which is where all the stock assets are too!

... don't worry, most everyone here probably has stuff lingering in that folder (content) as well! lol

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Well, I do have my maps in a separate "Maps" folder and my personal custom content in a folder with my first name on it. So I really just need to save Maps and the "My Name" folders?
      UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post
        Well, I do have my maps in a separate "Maps" folder and my personal custom content in a folder with my first name on it. So I really just need to save Maps and the "My Name" folders?
        that should do the trick....but just to make sure I would prob. save the whole contents folder just as a backup/insurance to be sure! ... that way next time you need to reformate for whatever reason you'll know if just your personal folders is all you needed!

... then delete it once you know for sure!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Working...
        X