Finished BSP ports from UT99 and 2k4 Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished BSP ports from UT99 and 2k4 Maps

With the help of a few people i've managed to import UT99 and 2k4 map brushes into UE4.
    Big shoutout to Trev at this point.

I've done the porting for following maps
    Code:
    Unreal Tournament 99
    CTF-Command
    CTF-Coret
    CTF-Cybrosis
    CTF-Darji16
    CTF-Draery
    CTF-EternalCave
    CTF-Face
    CTF-Face][
    CTF-Gauntlet
    CTF-HallOfGiants
    CTF-High
    CTF-Hydro16
    CTF-Kosov
    CTF-LavaGiant
    CTF-Niven
    CTF-November
    CTF-Noxion16
    CTF-NUcleus
    CTF-Orbital
    DM-Agony
    DM-ArcaneTemple
    DM-Barricade
    DM-Codex
    DM-Conveyor
    DM-Crane
    DM-Curse][
    DM-Cybrosis][
    DM-Deck16][
    DM-Fetid
    DM-Fractal
    DM-Gothic
    DM-Grinder
    DM-HealPod][
    DM-Hyperblast
    DM-Kgalleon
    DM-Liandri
    DM-Malevolence
    DM-Mojo][
    DM-Morbias][
    DM-Morpheus
    DM-Oblivion
    DM-Peak
    DM-Phobos
    DM-Pressure
    DM-Pyramid
    DM-Shrapnel][
    DM-SPaceNoxx
    DM-Stalwart
    DM-StalwartXL
    DM-Tempest
    DM-Turbine
    DM-Zeto

CTF-Abreez
    CTF-andACTION
    CTF-Astorial
    CTF-Command
    CTF-Control_LE
    CTF-DDay
    CTF-Denise
    CTF-Flakspam
    CTF-FME][
    CTF-GauntletCB2
    CTF-GrendelKeep_99M
    CTF-GrudgeCB3
    CTF-Inca
    CTF-Inca][
    CTF-Leviathan
    CTF-SprintaCB3
    CTF-ThronsV2
    CTF-Tutorial
    CTF-w00t

Unreal Tournament 2004
    CTF-Chrome
    CTF-Citadel
    CTF-FaceClassic
    CTF-Geothermal
    CTF-Grendelkeep
    CTF-Maul
    CTF-Orbital2
    DM-1on1-Albatross
    DM-1on1-Roughinery
    DM-Antalus
    DM-Asbestos
    DM-Compressed
    DM-Corrugation
    DM-Curse4
    DM-Deck17
    DM-De-Grendelkeep
    DM-DE-Ironic
    DM-Gael
    DM-Rankin
    DM-Sulphur
    Here are the Maps Link
    Here are the Converters Link

To use them open UE4 and use the File->Import function.
    There are a few things to note.
    1. Many maps are based on an subtractive style, for those create a big box brush that covers the entire map and set the order to first.
    2. The UT2k4 maps us static meshes for imported maps so they are often not complete.

Also for those who are interested how it's done.
    1. Use UT3Converter2-025c (source: look up!) to extract a map and convert it to UT3
    2. Use UDKConverter (source: look up!) to convert the map.t3d to one compatible with UE4.
    You can use the generated textures and static meshes in your map but you'll have to import most of this per hand.

A quick reminder: Those are NOT finished maps and my intention is not to remake every UT99 and UT2k4 map but i think they can give decent guidelines on where to start with your own maps and remakes.
    Last edited by Thomson; 06-02-2014, 02:15 PM.

Originally posted by Thomson View Post
    text
    Cheers for your work and the summary.

Comment

Nice work!

--
      Last edited by sneh; 05-21-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Stick this topic, or move this information somewhere. BSP floorplans are perfect starting point for making map remakes and they save a lot of work. It shouldn't be lost.
        Unofficial Enforcer Model
        Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Originally posted by sneh View Post
          Remember to scale everything 200%
          Has it been determined that that's the actual scale number? Thought we were waiting on a more finalized physics system.
          http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/325/16447qq9.png http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7066/2364.png

Comment

Great work!

How easy are you finding it to port maps over, and is there any useful way to do so?
            I'm willing to help with the Assault maps provided I get a UE4 license, and fortstandard objectives are created in UE4. However, there are a few changes that ought to be implemented to some maps (such as widening the entrance ramp on Overlord) to make the game accessible to 2014 - how do people feel about that?
            Purveyor of Unreal Tournament.

<khxmz> thanksgiving is about being thankful for what you have nvz, not asking your favorite game developer for more hats

Comment

Originally posted by smantz0rZ View Post
              Great work!

How easy are you finding it to port maps over, and is there any useful way to do so?
              I'm willing to help with the Assault maps provided I get a UE4 license, and fortstandard objectives are created in UE4. However, there are a few changes that ought to be implemented to some maps (such as widening the entrance ramp on Overlord) to make the game accessible to 2014 - how do people feel about that?
              All maps are going to have to be enlarged a certain percantage. Someone said 200%, however I don't think that number is set in stone yet. Still waiting on a more concrete physics and player models.
              http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/325/16447qq9.png http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7066/2364.png

Comment

cool. I am interested in trying this out. Thanks for sharing.

As far as scale goes, trying a few different values will help test various movement settings.
                David Spalinski
                @spazinski
                Epic Games

Comment

Any chance to import CTF-w00t ? I think that is one of the main priorities for competitive gaming. Even now there's tournaments of 1on1 and 2on2 w00t, with prize pools. Take a look in that
                  work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
                    Any chance to import CTF-w00t ? I think that is one of the main priorities for competitive gaming. Even now there's tournaments of 1on1 and 2on2 w00t, with prize pools. Take a look in that
                    There was a post on Reddit that stated that the Epic Devs are planning to remake w00t. Not sure if that's true or not however.

Comment

As from experience you'll probably have to scale the maps by a factor of 2.1-2.2~ for the current character prototype.

I'll add CTF-w00t later, give me a few hours until i'm home

Comment

I've done a couple from UT3.

I opened them up in the UT3 editor, exported them into t3d format and then used >this tool< to convert them for import into UE4

CTF-FacingWorlds.umap
                        DM-Morbius.umap

Here are the t3d files if anyone wants to play around with scaling
                        CTF-FacingWorlds_UE4.t3d
                        DM-Morbias_UE4.t3d

Both maps are partially playable.
                        CTF-FacingWorlds needs a few teleporters and DM-Morbius needs a couple doors.

I'll probably make my own thread once I finish more of them.
                        Last edited by JTF195; 05-21-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic, thank you everyone! This gives us a great starting point to discuss scale and mobility, and we're looking at that now. I'm going to cross-post this thread over in the movement forums so that more people realize these are available.

/cheer
                          Jim Brown
                          @EntropicDev
                          Epic Games

Comment

This is amazing! Thanks.

It's been about a decade since I did UT2k3 maps (I converted CTF-Lucius w/permission), so I'm a bit out of touch here.

I don't think I have the .t3d files for Lucius, but I have the .ut2 files. I don't know what the relationship of the .t3d and .ut2 files are. Will UT3Converter2-025c extract all the data from .ut2 files? I think the .ut2 files have the .t3d and everything else inside it.

Comment

I did DM-Peak just for fun

Noob question.. what's the easiest way to share a single UE4 level and assets (from a project with many)?

Comment

Working...
                              X