No announcement yet.

Finished BSP ports from UT99 and 2k4 Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont really fancy such things tbh. Copy pasting brushes into one editor from an another aint that hard work. Sometimes by scaling maybe the length of the map feels right, but its too high everywhere, or vice versa. I have also tried that in the past. Creating ut3 maps in the 2k4 editor, or ut3 maps in the ut1 editor (tough i have to say i never had the patience to fully decorate a map). Yes i know, copy paste brushes is fast, but imho maps should be done from scratch.

But i dont want to be cocky so heres an advice: there is a mapscale tool and an ut3 map converter wich has many functions. I dont know if there are any active download links but if not, give me a pm and i'll send them over.
    Also when you scale, brushes can go off grid easily after the scaling and sometimes the bsp will be ruined. At least i had that experience. So be careful. Even if it looked good in the editor at first sight.

Comment

At the very least, it's good to have these tools so you can load your old map as a reference. I've redone maps - it can be a serious pain in the neck. Redoing work that doesn't have to be done can save lots of time.

Comment

Originally posted by sneh View Post
        I did DM-Peak just for fun ... what's the easiest way to share a single UE4 level and assets (from a project with many)?
        Looks fantastic! Assuming this runs under the UT project, you should just be able to post the .umap and the .uasset files for download. If they're under the /Content folder they should work just fine.
        Jim Brown
        @EntropicDev
        Epic Games

Comment

Great work.

It's good to see that even if the main game turns out to be another UT3 style mess, we've already got a stepping stone to getting a modernized UT99 remake out of the community.
          also known as Humphro

Comment

Originally posted by Diode View Post
            we've already got a stepping stone to getting a modernized UT99 remake out of the community.
            www.uTournament.net is aiming for exactly this! Although, if UT4's design out of the box is somehow better than UT99, we may skip the UT99 remake and go straight to playing.
            Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Just opened the editor and here's some scale reference:

UT99
              Player Height: 78
              Player Radius: 32

New UT project
              Player Height: 192
              Player Radius: 82

Note that these units are Unreal Units. In UT99 1 uu=1 inch. In the current project 1 uu = 1 cm. Conversion from inch to centimeter = 1 : 2.54. Old uu to new uu = 1 : 2.46. IMO 2.5 tends to feel a bit large in actual play, and 2 is just slightly too small to fit the player in some old places (like under the stairs in DM Curse) so just slightly over 2 works.

TL;DR: Anything ported over from UT99 should be scaled approx 2x.

It will likely be off-grid in most cases, but for a straight port that's playable almost instantaneously, that's perfect for testing purposes!

Anyone feel like scaling all the old UT99 map T3Ds? :P
              Last edited by Entropy; 05-21-2014, 05:35 PM.
              Jim Brown
              @EntropicDev
              Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by sneh View Post
                I did DM-Peak just for fun

Noob question.. what's the easiest way to share a single UE4 level and assets (from a project with many)?
                I love tha scary and lonely and dangerous appearance for this map in outdoor, indoor looks great warmful and gritty love that

Comment

Can someone give me the download links for CTF-W00T?
                  There are just too many versions.

@perterk
                  I wrote that those are not made for just porting stuff over but more for a starting point to go on from.
                  It also took around 4 hours to finish this work it's not as quick as you may think, atleast not with so many maps.

Comment

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

Thank you very much, i tried the method you told me but it was a disaster..., ill try this one to port some maps

good work!
                    unrealer since 1998

Comment

this will be added to the git?
                      edit: arg!!, sorry fopr the double post
                      Last edited by Tirias; 05-21-2014, 05:06 PM.
                      unrealer since 1998

Comment

Ok, I've been searching for a few minutes and can't find the answer. Lots of people say to scale the map but I don't know *how*.

How do you scale a map? I'm sure it's in front of my face, but I can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomson View Post
                          Can someone give me the download links for CTF-W00T?
                          There are just too many versions.

@perterk
                          I wrote that those are not made for just porting stuff over but more for a starting point to go on from.
                          It also took around 4 hours to finish this work it's not as quick as you may think, atleast not with so many maps.
                          http://www.volcanic86.com/UnrealTournament/ut99/map/

woot is at the bottom, the DY version

At the very bottom there are two map packs, 2v2 and 5v5 cup maps

These contain some extremely popular CTF maps, although i don't think you need to port andaction since it's basically just a box

The DOM maps are all popular too

Comment

Originally posted by starman View Post
                            Ok, I've been searching for a few minutes and can't find the answer. Lots of people say to scale the map but I don't know *how*.

How do you scale a map? I'm sure it's in front of my face, but I can't find it.
                            The tool I linked earlier in the thread supports scaling during conversion

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...or-bsp-brushes

Originally posted by kwstasg
                            T3D Converter that supports bsp brushes for UE4 ideal for maps convertion https://db.tt/XmTAcrCc
                            -Supports convertions from UE1,UE2,UE3,UDK T3D files TO UE4 T3D files
                            -Supports Scaling
                            You can use the tool to scale maps you've already converted by simply running the tool again and changing the scale value.

Screenshot:
                            Last edited by JTF195; 05-22-2014, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll give it a shot. First, I have to extract the .t3d file from the .ut2 file. I found an app, just have to try it out.

Comment

You should be able to open the .ut2 map in the corresponding UT editor, and then export the BSPs to .t3d

Comment

Working...
                                X