No announcement yet.

Finished BSP ports from UT99 and 2k4 Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried the converter on CTF-Face and CTF-Coret. The resulting import was a mess. Lots of brushes all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by starman View Post
      I just tried the converter on CTF-Face and CTF-Coret. The resulting import was a mess. Lots of brushes all over the place.
      Use the java one, convert to UT3 1.0 scale. Let it convert. Then go T3D File > Level > Scale and select 2.46. Save.

Then use the UDK Converter (not the one JTF linked - it doesn't work properly at all) and import the output file from that.

Comment

The one I linked seems to work perfectly fine for UT3 maps, but that's all I've tested it with.
        I was able to scale CTF-FacingWorlds all the way up to 10x and everything was positioned properly.

Trying it with the CTF-Face linked in the OP, it's definitely not working correctly.

My hunch is that it was designed to convert directly from the original UT99 .t3d exports, and doesn't support .t3d files that were already converted by other tools.

I'll do some more testing and see if I can get some of these older maps to work with it.
        Last edited by JTF195; 05-22-2014, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Is there a program that will extract the original .t3d files?

Comment

Originally posted by JTF195 View Post
            The one I linked seems to work perfectly fine for UT3 maps, but that's all I've tested it with.
            I was able to scale CTF-FacingWorlds all the way up to 10x and everything was positioned properly.

Trying it with the CTF-Face linked in the OP, it's definitely not working correctly.

My hunch is that it was designed to convert directly from the original UT99 .t3d exports, and doesn't support .t3d files that were already converted by other tools.

I'll do some more testing and see if I can get some of these older maps to work with it.
            I've used the java tool to convert directly from UT99 to UT3, scale it to 2.46, then use the UDK converter to convert to UE4, place a huge additive box (the world is additive now, ut99 is subtractive) and then imported the map.

Everything is positioned and scaled correctly.

Is there a program that will extract the original .t3d files?

The java tool does almost all the work.

"UT3Converter2-025c"
            Last edited by raxxy; 05-22-2014, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Which java tool? I have the UE4->T3D converter and something called UDKConverter which I haven't used.

Comment

@raxxy
                so it is necessary to put de huge box? What happens if you just import the map in a plenty map? (I mean no sky, defaults blank map)
                unrealer since 1998

Comment

http://ut.raxxy.com/maps/

Files + readme. Read the readme.

Comment

Yeah, upon further testing, the tool I linked simply doesn't handle UT99 and UT2k4 .t3d files properly.

I'm going to try using the other tools to play around with them first, and see if I can get it to work at all.
                    Last edited by JTF195; 05-22-2014, 02:47 AM.

Comment

I used the java tool. It ran and converted fine. I used the other converter tool to create output.t3d.

When I imported output.t3d, UE4 crashed.

I imported scaledmap.t3d and that worked.

Comment

I used the java tool. It ran and converted fine. I used the other converter tool to create output.t3d.

When I imported output.t3d, UE4 crashed.

I imported scaledmap.t3d and that worked.
                        hmm, my scaledmap crashes ue4, but output works...

it has to go through UDK first, maybe you overwrote it by accident (i just triple checked to make sure scaledmap actually crashes my editor after re-doing the process each time - and it does, only output.t3d after the udk converter works and aligns properly)

Comment

I tried the UDKConverter tool on CTF-FacingWorlds (ut3) and while it properly converts the buildings, lights, sounds, and bounding spheres, it doesn't convert the terrain, which is the same problem it has converting CTF-FaceClassic (ut2k4)

The UE4-T3DConverter tool I previously linked does properly convert the buildings AND terrain in CTF-FacingWorlds, but doesn't convert the lights, sounds, or the bounding spheres (and doesn't work properly at ALL on UT99/2k4 maps)

Neither tool appears to be perfect for UT3 and UT2k4 maps, but UDKConverter definitely seems to be on the right track.
                          Last edited by JTF195; 05-22-2014, 03:34 AM.

Comment

When CTF-Face finally imported, all the brushes were below the death plane, so I had to move everything up. That was easy.

It took *forever* for the lighting to compile, and when it did there were a ton of errors.

Either way, I have CTF-Face running in UE4. Scaling looks correct. Lighting is a little dark in the interior.

I'm not going to spend a ton of time on this, I'm using it more as a learning tool, especially since I have to convert CTF-Lucius, but I wanted to do CTF-Face first, because, it's Face.

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                              http://ut.raxxy.com/maps/

Files + readme. Read the readme.
                              thanks you very much!
                              unrealer since 1998

Comment

Guys i wrote the tools used and what to do in my initial post, just use the converter
                                to port the maps to UT3 and then the tool from Trev.

For scaling, you can do that in UE4 just select all brushes and resize.

Comment

Working...
                                X