Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Teddie View Post
    Thanks for this. I've got a few Work-in-Progress maps from the UT2004 days and I was initially redoing all my bsp from scratch. My DM-TDB-JunkJitsu is one of the maps I'm trying to finally finish.

Going to try the tools tonight.

Thanks again.
    Hey Teddie great to see you around. Hopefully you'll have some time to map for this. Kill Billy Barn is one of my all time faves!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for this. I've got a few Work-in-Progress maps from the UT2004 days and I was initially redoing all my bsp from scratch. My DM-TDB-JunkJitsu is one of the maps I'm trying to finally finish.

Going to try the tools tonight.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How are people doing with the BSP ports? its been a few months so i was hoping someone had a complete conversion finished.
    • Does anybody have anything to show that is UE4 related, lighting improvements etc? (more than just geometry?)

I am just moving my post here because it is more relevant.
    If you want Old maps in UE4, This method can get the maps done (for reference models) in a minutes:
    • Note that the video is an extreme example
    • it is more suitable to break the map into smaller parts as described in the video.

-This method allows a great reference model for either ue4 BSP or the creation of static mesh in blender/ 3dsmax

I have a few maps available with what i would consider 'perfect geometry' & a huge plefora of simple, low-poly modular mesh that more experienced modellers can use as references.(- same for textures)
    The core focus of UT is currently on new maps and Epic are constantly referring to new content/ new maps which i think this is really great. #
    i am more concerned with polishing 3D & 2D skills so that i can 1 or 2 of my own maps into ue4 with improvements, so whats the verdict... anyone working on the old stuff?
    Last edited by TKBS; 07-10-2014, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ozzle View Post
    Yep, I am the real me.
    //off-topic
    not sure if you're aware, but Peak was converted to an sDom map, and is the most popular in the maplist...so, cheers.
    youtube if you want to see it in action. lots of jumping off the sides..on purpose (fastest way back to the control point)
    Last edited by histortion; 06-20-2014, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep, I am the real me.
    Awesome! Great to see you here!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by M^uL View Post
    Hey are you the real Juan Pancho Eekels in disguise or are you referring to a community made Peak?
    Yep, I am the real me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DM-Peak. That brings me back to when I was working on it. I wish I had a penny for every curse that was flung at me when people fell off. Great to see these maps ported!
    Hey are you the real Juan Pancho Eekels in disguise or are you referring to a community made Peak?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DM-Peak. That brings me back to when I was working on it. I wish I had a penny for every curse that was flung at me when people fell off. Great to see these maps ported!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sLY1838 View Post
    Here's a map list from last year's ProUnreal MLCTF 25 season.

CTF-AreaN23-LE103
    CTF-Azcanize-LE102
    CTF-Azcanize-MLUT
    CTF-Bleak-CE100
    CTF-BollWerK105
    CTF-Cynosure][LE105
    CTF-Gataka-SE
    CTF-Gauntlet
    CTF-Glacier][-CE105
    CTF-GoliathCaves-LE102
    CTF-Infested-UGL-LE202
    CTF-Julius
    CTF-Lavagiant
    CTF-McSwartzly][
    CTF-November-CE110
    CTF-November-FINAL
    CTF-Orbital-LE102
    CTF-P4ce-LE101
    CTF-Ranel-JoltEdition
    CTF-Revelation
    CTF-Revenge-LE102
    CTF-Ronsico][
    CTF-Terra-LE102
    CTF-Vaultcity-LE102

CTF-Vengeance-CE103

Most of these maps can be found here: http://ut.fuzzeh.com/UnrealTournament/Maps/

I also bolded the more "popular" competitive maps.

For any map designers out there, I would highly look at maps like Cynosure and Azcanize. Those are the "ideal" map design layout that works well for competitive CTF. (three exits with 2 powerups in mid). Mid should almost feel like a "Rocket Arena" type map since that is a heavy frag area for powerup control. The bases tend to have two sections. A general "entrance" zone and then a "flag room."

UPDATE **

Here are the maps from the last MLUT (MLDM) 1v1 tournament.

1on1-Sph3res-v2
    Agony-MLDM
    Codex
    Deck16][

Liandri
    Malevolence
    Phobos-MLDM

(The bolded maps the more popular for 1v1).

Here are the maps from the last MLUT TDM season.

DM-Curse][
    DM-Deck16][
    DM-ForWhomTheBellTolls-MLTDM

DM-Gatland-MLTDM102
    DM-Gothic
    DM-Liandri
    DM-Nitro-MLTDM
    DM-Seraphim
    DM-Tempest
    DM-Turbine

(again, bolded maps are the popular ones).

All of these maps were played, I'm just letting you know which ones that community would be more excited to see designed first.

Again, most (if not all) of the maps can be found here: http://ut.fuzzeh.com/UnrealTournament/Maps/

There is a LOT of maps in there, don't suppose you could do a bulk download for all of that could you?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The t3d format only contains refences to textures but those are discarded during conversion.
    UT3 is the same as UDK in terms of t3d file format.

In my opinion maps shouldn't be ported 1:1 anyway, atleast lightning, textures, meshes should be redone.
    Unreal Tournament is a new game so it needs fresh maps and "remakes" are fine but they should offer something new aswell.

My intention was to release them so that everyone could do with them whatever they want.
    Some people may want to make remakes or ports and starting from scratch is a daunting task.
    Others might use them for testing movement prototypes, in anyway those brush maps can be a good reference.

Personally i won't remake any map myself. I might try to build my own map but that is yet to be decided.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Thomson:
    Q.When you Ported these maps, did you convert each map with its own package?
    either a) to UT3
    or b) to UDK...?

Q.Or does the ".t3d" only contain the BSP work without materials/ textures?
    1. I clicked a link of the T3D and scanned through it, didn't see any texture references.
    2. I ask because i have a few maps converted to UT3 from before, each map initially converts with its own ".UPK", but i put together the duplicated textures into 1 pack (save space etc).

if different people were to work on different maps, textures may get duplicated.
    - What are the intentions of these maps, just for testing purposes? or will they be BSP ports released for the game?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Trev View Post
    UE4-T3D has two bugs which are leading to these results.

First, it doesn't account for pre-pivot which is why the maps are scrambled. The user can resolve this by resetting all pre-pivots before export. Second, it is converting blocking volumes to brushes which is why it appears as though it gives more geometry than mine.
    Thank you trev for your observations i will have soon a look at the tool to see whats wrong with these stuff

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's a map list from last year's ProUnreal MLCTF 25 season.

CTF-AreaN23-LE103
    CTF-Azcanize-LE102
    CTF-Azcanize-MLUT
    CTF-Bleak-CE100
    CTF-BollWerK105
    CTF-Cynosure][LE105
    CTF-Gataka-SE
    CTF-Gauntlet
    CTF-Glacier][-CE105
    CTF-GoliathCaves-LE102
    CTF-Infested-UGL-LE202
    CTF-Julius
    CTF-Lavagiant
    CTF-McSwartzly][
    CTF-November-CE110
    CTF-November-FINAL
    CTF-Orbital-LE102
    CTF-P4ce-LE101
    CTF-Ranel-JoltEdition
    CTF-Revelation
    CTF-Revenge-LE102
    CTF-Ronsico][
    CTF-Terra-LE102
    CTF-Vaultcity-LE102

CTF-Vengeance-CE103

Most of these maps can be found here: http://ut.fuzzeh.com/UnrealTournament/Maps/

I also bolded the more "popular" competitive maps.

For any map designers out there, I would highly look at maps like Cynosure and Azcanize. Those are the "ideal" map design layout that works well for competitive CTF. (three exits with 2 powerups in mid). Mid should almost feel like a "Rocket Arena" type map since that is a heavy frag area for powerup control. The bases tend to have two sections. A general "entrance" zone and then a "flag room."

UPDATE **

Here are the maps from the last MLUT (MLDM) 1v1 tournament.

1on1-Sph3res-v2
    Agony-MLDM
    Codex
    Deck16][

Liandri
    Malevolence
    Phobos-MLDM

(The bolded maps the more popular for 1v1).

Here are the maps from the last MLUT TDM season.

DM-Curse][
    DM-Deck16][
    DM-ForWhomTheBellTolls-MLTDM

DM-Gatland-MLTDM102
    DM-Gothic
    DM-Liandri
    DM-Nitro-MLTDM
    DM-Seraphim
    DM-Tempest
    DM-Turbine

(again, bolded maps are the popular ones).

All of these maps were played, I'm just letting you know which ones that community would be more excited to see designed first.

Again, most (if not all) of the maps can be found here: http://ut.fuzzeh.com/UnrealTournament/Maps/
    Last edited by sLY1838; 05-22-2014, 08:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Thomson View Post
    Guys i wrote the tools used and what to do in my initial post, just use the converter
    to port the maps to UT3 and then the tool from Trev.

For scaling, you can do that in UE4 just select all brushes and resize.
    Your instructions weren't very clear. Took me some time to work it out (and to find the tools).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That also explains why maps with a ton of blocking volumes convert improperly.

CTF-Hydrosis for example, is an absolute mess when converted in UE4-T3DConverter

Leave a comment:

Working...
X