Finished BSP ports from UT99 and 2k4 Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    UE4-T3D has two bugs which are leading to these results.

First, it doesn't account for pre-pivot which is why the maps are scrambled. The user can resolve this by resetting all pre-pivots before export. Second, it is converting blocking volumes to brushes which is why it appears as though it gives more geometry than mine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Thomson View Post
    Should work just fine with U1 U2 UT 2k4 and to some degree UT3.
    With UT3 the main problem is that alot of stuff is done with static meshes which have to be imported manually.
    UDKConverter doesn't properly convert some of the static meshes in UT3 maps, but UE4-T3DConverter can. (This also seems to be an issue with UT2004 maps as well - Trev said he would work on adding more legacy support to UDKConverter)

EDIT:
    >>I'm completely wrong. Trev explained to me that what is actually happening is that UDKConverter is ignoring blocking volumes, whereas UE4-T3DConverter doesn't.
    >>This causes UE4-T3DConverter to create brushes out of the blocking volumes where there would normally be static meshes.
    >>It is, however, pretty convenient for getting a map into a playable state without importing a bunch of static meshes.

Using both tools I was able to reassemble CTF-FacingWorlds and DM-Morbius using the following process:

Convert the .t3d file with both tools
    Import UDKConverter's output into UE4
    Delete all the Brushes
    Import UE4-T3DConverter's output into the same map
    Delete a few extra brushes
    Done

Results:
    CTF-FacingWorlds_Complete.umap
    DM-Morbius_Complete.umap
    Last edited by JTF195; 05-22-2014, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Should work just fine with U1 U2 UT 2k4 and to some degree UT3.
    With UT3 the main problem is that alot of stuff is done with static meshes which have to be imported manually.

Also in general i wonder how the whole thing regards to copyrights?
    Maybe someone from epic could answer this. Is it ok to use all of this since we are developing the new
    game for/with you?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Massive work, great.
    Am I wrong if I say one could export the Unreal 1 maps too? I'm talking about FITH, Deathfan, Elsinore, Radikus, etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Added new maps

CTF-Abreez
    CTF-andACTION
    CTF-Astorial
    CTF-Command
    CTF-Control_LE
    CTF-DDay
    CTF-Denise
    CTF-Flakspam
    CTF-FME][
    CTF-GauntletCB2
    CTF-GrendelKeep_99M
    CTF-GrudgeCB3
    CTF-Inca
    CTF-Inca][
    CTF-Leviathan
    CTF-SprintaCB3
    CTF-ThronsV2
    CTF-Tutorial
    CTF-w00t

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Thomson View Post
    I'll add CTF-w00t later, give me a few hours until i'm home
    Nice! Anxious to see how can it look like in UE4. It's one of those maps that i think will get a good look in UE4, especially with the new lightning and other effects. Dope!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys i wrote the tools used and what to do in my initial post, just use the converter
    to port the maps to UT3 and then the tool from Trev.

For scaling, you can do that in UE4 just select all brushes and resize.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by raxxy View Post
    http://ut.raxxy.com/maps/

Files + readme. Read the readme.
    thanks you very much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When CTF-Face finally imported, all the brushes were below the death plane, so I had to move everything up. That was easy.

It took *forever* for the lighting to compile, and when it did there were a ton of errors.

Either way, I have CTF-Face running in UE4. Scaling looks correct. Lighting is a little dark in the interior.

I'm not going to spend a ton of time on this, I'm using it more as a learning tool, especially since I have to convert CTF-Lucius, but I wanted to do CTF-Face first, because, it's Face.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried the UDKConverter tool on CTF-FacingWorlds (ut3) and while it properly converts the buildings, lights, sounds, and bounding spheres, it doesn't convert the terrain, which is the same problem it has converting CTF-FaceClassic (ut2k4)

The UE4-T3DConverter tool I previously linked does properly convert the buildings AND terrain in CTF-FacingWorlds, but doesn't convert the lights, sounds, or the bounding spheres (and doesn't work properly at ALL on UT99/2k4 maps)

Neither tool appears to be perfect for UT3 and UT2k4 maps, but UDKConverter definitely seems to be on the right track.
    Last edited by JTF195; 05-22-2014, 03:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by starman View Post
    I used the java tool. It ran and converted fine. I used the other converter tool to create output.t3d.

When I imported output.t3d, UE4 crashed.

I imported scaledmap.t3d and that worked.
    hmm, my scaledmap crashes ue4, but output works...

it has to go through UDK first, maybe you overwrote it by accident (i just triple checked to make sure scaledmap actually crashes my editor after re-doing the process each time - and it does, only output.t3d after the udk converter works and aligns properly)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used the java tool. It ran and converted fine. I used the other converter tool to create output.t3d.

When I imported output.t3d, UE4 crashed.

I imported scaledmap.t3d and that worked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, upon further testing, the tool I linked simply doesn't handle UT99 and UT2k4 .t3d files properly.

I'm going to try using the other tools to play around with them first, and see if I can get it to work at all.
    Last edited by JTF195; 05-22-2014, 02:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://ut.raxxy.com/maps/

Files + readme. Read the readme.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @raxxy
    so it is necessary to put de huge box? What happens if you just import the map in a plenty map? (I mean no sky, defaults blank map)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X