Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finished BSP ports from UT99 and 2k4 Maps

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Thomson View Post
    I'll add CTF-w00t later, give me a few hours until i'm home
    Nice! Anxious to see how can it look like in UE4. It's one of those maps that i think will get a good look in UE4, especially with the new lightning and other effects. Dope!
    work: www.POLEGAR.pt

    Comment


      #47
      Added new maps

      CTF-Abreez
      CTF-andACTION
      CTF-Astorial
      CTF-Command
      CTF-Control_LE
      CTF-DDay
      CTF-Denise
      CTF-Flakspam
      CTF-FME][
      CTF-GauntletCB2
      CTF-GrendelKeep_99M
      CTF-GrudgeCB3
      CTF-Inca
      CTF-Inca][
      CTF-Leviathan
      CTF-SprintaCB3
      CTF-ThronsV2
      CTF-Tutorial
      CTF-w00t

      Comment


        #48
        Massive work, great.
        Am I wrong if I say one could export the Unreal 1 maps too? I'm talking about FITH, Deathfan, Elsinore, Radikus, etc.

        Comment


          #49
          Should work just fine with U1 U2 UT 2k4 and to some degree UT3.
          With UT3 the main problem is that alot of stuff is done with static meshes which have to be imported manually.

          Also in general i wonder how the whole thing regards to copyrights?
          Maybe someone from epic could answer this. Is it ok to use all of this since we are developing the new
          game for/with you?

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Thomson View Post
            Should work just fine with U1 U2 UT 2k4 and to some degree UT3.
            With UT3 the main problem is that alot of stuff is done with static meshes which have to be imported manually.
            UDKConverter doesn't properly convert some of the static meshes in UT3 maps, but UE4-T3DConverter can. (This also seems to be an issue with UT2004 maps as well - Trev said he would work on adding more legacy support to UDKConverter)

            EDIT:
            >>I'm completely wrong. Trev explained to me that what is actually happening is that UDKConverter is ignoring blocking volumes, whereas UE4-T3DConverter doesn't.
            >>This causes UE4-T3DConverter to create brushes out of the blocking volumes where there would normally be static meshes.
            >>It is, however, pretty convenient for getting a map into a playable state without importing a bunch of static meshes.


            Using both tools I was able to reassemble CTF-FacingWorlds and DM-Morbius using the following process:

            Convert the .t3d file with both tools
            Import UDKConverter's output into UE4
            Delete all the Brushes
            Import UE4-T3DConverter's output into the same map
            Delete a few extra brushes
            Done

            Results:
            CTF-FacingWorlds_Complete.umap
            DM-Morbius_Complete.umap
            Last edited by JTF195; 05-22-2014, 10:27 AM.

            Comment


              #51
              UE4-T3D has two bugs which are leading to these results.

              First, it doesn't account for pre-pivot which is why the maps are scrambled. The user can resolve this by resetting all pre-pivots before export. Second, it is converting blocking volumes to brushes which is why it appears as though it gives more geometry than mine.
              RoseBumRPG - UDK Converter - Grenade Launcher Prototype - Lightning Gun Prototype

              Comment


                #52
                That also explains why maps with a ton of blocking volumes convert improperly.

                CTF-Hydrosis for example, is an absolute mess when converted in UE4-T3DConverter

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Thomson View Post
                  Guys i wrote the tools used and what to do in my initial post, just use the converter
                  to port the maps to UT3 and then the tool from Trev.

                  For scaling, you can do that in UE4 just select all brushes and resize.
                  Your instructions weren't very clear. Took me some time to work it out (and to find the tools).

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Here's a map list from last year's ProUnreal MLCTF 25 season.

                    CTF-AreaN23-LE103
                    CTF-Azcanize-LE102
                    CTF-Azcanize-MLUT
                    CTF-Bleak-CE100
                    CTF-BollWerK105
                    CTF-Cynosure][LE105
                    CTF-Gataka-SE
                    CTF-Gauntlet
                    CTF-Glacier][-CE105
                    CTF-GoliathCaves-LE102
                    CTF-Infested-UGL-LE202
                    CTF-Julius
                    CTF-Lavagiant
                    CTF-McSwartzly][
                    CTF-November-CE110
                    CTF-November-FINAL
                    CTF-Orbital-LE102
                    CTF-P4ce-LE101
                    CTF-Ranel-JoltEdition
                    CTF-Revelation
                    CTF-Revenge-LE102
                    CTF-Ronsico][
                    CTF-Terra-LE102
                    CTF-Vaultcity-LE102

                    CTF-Vengeance-CE103

                    Most of these maps can be found here: http://ut.fuzzeh.com/UnrealTournament/Maps/

                    I also bolded the more "popular" competitive maps.

                    For any map designers out there, I would highly look at maps like Cynosure and Azcanize. Those are the "ideal" map design layout that works well for competitive CTF. (three exits with 2 powerups in mid). Mid should almost feel like a "Rocket Arena" type map since that is a heavy frag area for powerup control. The bases tend to have two sections. A general "entrance" zone and then a "flag room."

                    UPDATE **

                    Here are the maps from the last MLUT (MLDM) 1v1 tournament.

                    1on1-Sph3res-v2
                    Agony-MLDM
                    Codex
                    Deck16][

                    Liandri
                    Malevolence
                    Phobos-MLDM

                    (The bolded maps the more popular for 1v1).

                    Here are the maps from the last MLUT TDM season.

                    DM-Curse][
                    DM-Deck16][
                    DM-ForWhomTheBellTolls-MLTDM

                    DM-Gatland-MLTDM102
                    DM-Gothic
                    DM-Liandri
                    DM-Nitro-MLTDM
                    DM-Seraphim
                    DM-Tempest
                    DM-Turbine

                    (again, bolded maps are the popular ones).

                    All of these maps were played, I'm just letting you know which ones that community would be more excited to see designed first.

                    Again, most (if not all) of the maps can be found here: http://ut.fuzzeh.com/UnrealTournament/Maps/
                    Last edited by sLY1838; 05-22-2014, 08:46 PM.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Trev View Post
                      UE4-T3D has two bugs which are leading to these results.

                      First, it doesn't account for pre-pivot which is why the maps are scrambled. The user can resolve this by resetting all pre-pivots before export. Second, it is converting blocking volumes to brushes which is why it appears as though it gives more geometry than mine.
                      Thank you trev for your observations i will have soon a look at the tool to see whats wrong with these stuff

                      Comment


                        #56
                        @Thomson:
                        Q.When you Ported these maps, did you convert each map with its own package?
                        either a) to UT3
                        or b) to UDK...?

                        Q.Or does the ".t3d" only contain the BSP work without materials/ textures?
                        1. I clicked a link of the T3D and scanned through it, didn't see any texture references.
                        2. I ask because i have a few maps converted to UT3 from before, each map initially converts with its own ".UPK", but i put together the duplicated textures into 1 pack (save space etc).

                        if different people were to work on different maps, textures may get duplicated.
                        - What are the intentions of these maps, just for testing purposes? or will they be BSP ports released for the game?
                        Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

                        Comment


                          #57
                          The t3d format only contains refences to textures but those are discarded during conversion.
                          UT3 is the same as UDK in terms of t3d file format.

                          In my opinion maps shouldn't be ported 1:1 anyway, atleast lightning, textures, meshes should be redone.
                          Unreal Tournament is a new game so it needs fresh maps and "remakes" are fine but they should offer something new aswell.

                          My intention was to release them so that everyone could do with them whatever they want.
                          Some people may want to make remakes or ports and starting from scratch is a daunting task.
                          Others might use them for testing movement prototypes, in anyway those brush maps can be a good reference.

                          Personally i won't remake any map myself. I might try to build my own map but that is yet to be decided.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by sLY1838 View Post
                            Here's a map list from last year's ProUnreal MLCTF 25 season.

                            CTF-AreaN23-LE103
                            CTF-Azcanize-LE102
                            CTF-Azcanize-MLUT
                            CTF-Bleak-CE100
                            CTF-BollWerK105
                            CTF-Cynosure][LE105
                            CTF-Gataka-SE
                            CTF-Gauntlet
                            CTF-Glacier][-CE105
                            CTF-GoliathCaves-LE102
                            CTF-Infested-UGL-LE202
                            CTF-Julius
                            CTF-Lavagiant
                            CTF-McSwartzly][
                            CTF-November-CE110
                            CTF-November-FINAL
                            CTF-Orbital-LE102
                            CTF-P4ce-LE101
                            CTF-Ranel-JoltEdition
                            CTF-Revelation
                            CTF-Revenge-LE102
                            CTF-Ronsico][
                            CTF-Terra-LE102
                            CTF-Vaultcity-LE102

                            CTF-Vengeance-CE103

                            Most of these maps can be found here: http://ut.fuzzeh.com/UnrealTournament/Maps/

                            I also bolded the more "popular" competitive maps.

                            For any map designers out there, I would highly look at maps like Cynosure and Azcanize. Those are the "ideal" map design layout that works well for competitive CTF. (three exits with 2 powerups in mid). Mid should almost feel like a "Rocket Arena" type map since that is a heavy frag area for powerup control. The bases tend to have two sections. A general "entrance" zone and then a "flag room."

                            UPDATE **

                            Here are the maps from the last MLUT (MLDM) 1v1 tournament.

                            1on1-Sph3res-v2
                            Agony-MLDM
                            Codex
                            Deck16][

                            Liandri
                            Malevolence
                            Phobos-MLDM

                            (The bolded maps the more popular for 1v1).

                            Here are the maps from the last MLUT TDM season.

                            DM-Curse][
                            DM-Deck16][
                            DM-ForWhomTheBellTolls-MLTDM

                            DM-Gatland-MLTDM102
                            DM-Gothic
                            DM-Liandri
                            DM-Nitro-MLTDM
                            DM-Seraphim
                            DM-Tempest
                            DM-Turbine

                            (again, bolded maps are the popular ones).

                            All of these maps were played, I'm just letting you know which ones that community would be more excited to see designed first.

                            Again, most (if not all) of the maps can be found here: http://ut.fuzzeh.com/UnrealTournament/Maps/

                            There is a LOT of maps in there, don't suppose you could do a bulk download for all of that could you?

                            Comment


                              #59
                              DM-Peak. That brings me back to when I was working on it. I wish I had a penny for every curse that was flung at me when people fell off. Great to see these maps ported!

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by Ozzle View Post
                                DM-Peak. That brings me back to when I was working on it. I wish I had a penny for every curse that was flung at me when people fell off. Great to see these maps ported!
                                Hey are you the real Juan Pancho Eekels in disguise or are you referring to a community made Peak?
                                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X