Finished BSP ports from UT99 and 2k4 Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
    Hey are you the real Juan Pancho Eekels in disguise or are you referring to a community made Peak?
    Yep, I am the real me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzle View Post
      Yep, I am the real me.
      Awesome! Great to see you here!
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzle View Post
        Yep, I am the real me.
        //off-topic
        not sure if you're aware, but Peak was converted to an sDom map, and is the most popular in the maplist...so, cheers.
        youtube if you want to see it in action. lots of jumping off the sides..on purpose (fastest way back to the control point)
        Last edited by histortion; 06-20-2014, 03:24 PM.
        "History is written by the victors"

Comment

How are people doing with the BSP ports? its been a few months so i was hoping someone had a complete conversion finished.
          • Does anybody have anything to show that is UE4 related, lighting improvements etc? (more than just geometry?)

I am just moving my post here because it is more relevant.
          If you want Old maps in UE4, This method can get the maps done (for reference models) in a minutes:
          • Note that the video is an extreme example
          • it is more suitable to break the map into smaller parts as described in the video.

-This method allows a great reference model for either ue4 BSP or the creation of static mesh in blender/ 3dsmax

I have a few maps available with what i would consider 'perfect geometry' & a huge plefora of simple, low-poly modular mesh that more experienced modellers can use as references.(- same for textures)
          The core focus of UT is currently on new maps and Epic are constantly referring to new content/ new maps which i think this is really great. #
          i am more concerned with polishing 3D & 2D skills so that i can 1 or 2 of my own maps into ue4 with improvements, so whats the verdict... anyone working on the old stuff?
          Last edited by TKBS; 07-10-2014, 07:30 AM.
          Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

Thanks for this. I've got a few Work-in-Progress maps from the UT2004 days and I was initially redoing all my bsp from scratch. My DM-TDB-JunkJitsu is one of the maps I'm trying to finally finish.

Going to try the tools tonight.

Thanks again.
            www.funrealtournament.com «« My maps
            www.smartapplerocks.com «« My music

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
              Thanks for this. I've got a few Work-in-Progress maps from the UT2004 days and I was initially redoing all my bsp from scratch. My DM-TDB-JunkJitsu is one of the maps I'm trying to finally finish.

Thanks again.
              Hey Teddie great to see you around. Hopefully you'll have some time to map for this. Kill Billy Barn is one of my all time faves!
              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Is there a method to scaling the t3d files you link in the OP? I tried running it thru both tools that scale and it jumbles up all the brushes when I import it into UE4.

Also having issues with most ports, for example Liandri always ends up with a big black hole in the floor next to the elevator, I've tried doing it numerous different ways. However Gothic worked fine for me, not sure what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post

Thanks again.
                  Cool. Keep us posted. Also, can you please do killbillybarn
                  David Spalinski
                  @spazinski
                  Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by David Spalinski View Post
                    Cool. Keep us posted. Also, can you please do killbillybarn
                    David, you got it, brother. Already started work on it.
                    www.funrealtournament.com «« My maps
                    www.smartapplerocks.com «« My music

Comment

Here's what I did:
                      1. Open my may in UT3 Editor
                      2. Export to t3d (selected only BSP for export)
                      3. Open with UE4-T3DConverter
                      4. Convert with scale 1.8
                      5. Import in new map in UT4 Editor

I have a issue that most of my meshes are transparent. I can see the wireframe but they render transparently and there is no collision I think. How can I fix this?

Here's what it looks like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsrmdy2p2r...44.10.png?dl=0
                      Here's how it should look like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/98jp9szzy1...49.58.png?dl=0

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid. I used UE4-T3DConverter to convert UT3 exported map. Using UDKConverter worked fine.
                      Last edited by FiOuch; 10-21-2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

A 'straight-forward' UT99 to UE4 port using JUST a converter?

Not off-topic: Regarding my thread, here: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...051#post143051

Originally posted by lawlorz View Post
                        It will not work the way you are attempting, you will need to run the t3d through a converter. Refer to the first post of this thread: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...t=convert+ut99 it has the converters and instructions you need.
                        Thanks lawlorz but, well, there're several large problems getting in the way of my attempts to port the UT99 map to UE4 editor.

1. I don't have UT3.
                        2. I don't have UDK.
                        3. I have absolutely no experience with 1 & 2, (despite playing UT3 for a few weeks, but didn't edit anything in that time).
                        4. I don't have ANY other editor, converter, stand-alone programs for anything related to UT from UT99 to this new UE4. 15yr gap of nothing in between the two.
                        5. The instructions given by Thomson are very poor - plus, they're for UT3, yet I have UE4. So, useless.
                        6. The poor instructions given in the UT3 converter are for UT3,. I have UE4.
                        7. Import menu in UE4 Editor only allows ONE item at a time to be imported, yet it's being said I need to import textures as a package, (select all, make into a package, somehow), - but import in UE4 essentially allows only t3d files to be imported - one at a time. Trying to select ALL the textures as in the UT3 Converter is no go,. can only select one at a time but textures are we all know, not t3d files.

In short - for ME anyway, UT3 Converter is useless, why is there not an updated converter for Unrealed 2 -> UE4? The UT3 Converter is already 5yrs old,. which as we all know was written well before this pre-alpha of UE4 - far too many GUI mismatches and method mismatches for UT3 Converter to be much use with porting a UT99 map to UE4 without using any other program/s.

What are my realistic options please? Can this converter be improved/updated to cater to this situation I find myself in? I ask because I very much doubt I'll be the ONLY person with the issues I've outlined. A straight UT99 to UE4 map port with no other software.

I want to port this from UT99 to UE4:

Attached Files

Comment

maps link is no longer working. Could you put them up on rushbase or something?

Comment

The converter tools worked great for me thank you. Now, I have no idea how to create a skybox or atmosphere, sunlight. Are there any tutorials for creating skybox or atmosphere, sunlight?

Comment

ctf-switchbackPRO2
                              ut4 @ ESL
                              skeevn: The A-side frags [fragmovie]
                              usefull jumps for beginners and advanced
                              skeevn 2v2 ictf mappack

The only *** playing with arrowkeys since '95

Comment

I notice some have a problem with the lighting.
                                Sidewinders "Mapscale" tool is also used for scaling the lighting, so may be a solution for some.
                                http://mapscale.sidewinder.de.vu

If it is classic maps to inspire conversion, no list is complete without DM-Zaltag and DM-Zeitkind

Also, bare in mind that all the standard Unreal and UT99 textures can be found already prepared in much bigger sizes (and I mean huge).
                                http://www.uttexture.com
                                http://www.oldunreal.com/textures.html

What we need is all the old UTX files replicated for UT4
                                Cooperation of use of a standard set of files will mean less replication and wasted disk space, and bandwidth.
                                Who wants a UT99 FOOD FIGHT ?

Comment

Working...
                                X