Long Delay Using New Assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Delay Using New Assets

So I want to use some static mesh from the content library. Many times, when I first click it or begin to drag it into the level, the editor hangs for a couple of minutes. Yes, I said minutes. When it comes back, everything works fine. Is this always necessary when using a new asset like compiling shaders? If so, is there a way to initiate this "prep" before hand so I can just create?

Definitely put a damper on the flow of laying something out.
    Last edited by BigAl3D; 12-18-2016, 11:13 AM.

W.I.P.s
    DM-Containers

Specifically?
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Well, let's say I have search for a stone material. If I click it to start dragging, the little green radar animation stops for a while, then goes back to normal. After that, I can drag it. I can drag it again with no delay, but the first time I drag it I get the delay.

W.I.P.s
      DM-Containers

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl3D View Post
        Well, let's say I have search for a stone material. If I click it to start dragging, the little green radar animation stops for a while, then goes back to normal. After that, I can drag it. I can drag it again with no delay, but the first time I drag it I get the delay.
        It sounds like it's just loading the texture into RAM...
        Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Working...
        X