[suggestion] remake Nali Castle as a map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[suggestion] remake Nali Castle as a map

Nali Castle was one of my fav single player maps in the original Unreal anyone think they could remake it as a UT map that would be awesome ;-).

I also want it to be remade but there would have to be some adjustements for the gameplay to be more fun. The original map is designed for single player experience.

Comment

There are definitely more than one castle on Na Pali
      Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
      My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Reading topics like these reminds me of 2 Unreal themed maps some guy made for UT2004.
        VCTF-Terraniux - VCTF map but it didn't work well with vehicles, it's good for CTF though.
        VCTF-Harobed - Not sure if this is based on some environment in Unreal but it's still an Unreal themed map if I'm not mistaken.
        (download links are dead but if you really want the maps, I can grab them from my map folder.

I'd love to see some Unreal maps come back to the new UT4 with some HD textures and stuff. In fact after seeing these topics about Unreal one, I even reinstalled that just to get back some memories and perhaps map ideas.
        DV Gaming - UT2k4 & UT3 RPG mutator

Comment

Originally posted by nialzinth View Post
          VCTF-Harobed - Not sure if this is based on some environment in Unreal but it's still an Unreal themed map if I'm not mistaken.
          That's the Harobed Village all right. Apparently the author added things to it, but the general theme is the same. The temple looks exactly like the original.
          Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
          My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

I got all of the maps from Unreal Gold in UT3.
            i am doing the following:
            • converted most of the BSP shapes into Modular Mesh
            • using this as a reference to make new mesh, or Google free models that are acceptable or that i can work with
            • creating texture packs based on Unreal

Example(Industrial textures)
            The original Unreal texture is on the left, the rest are just quick examples of new versions.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Un_Metal_Ex.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	328939
            • creating packages based on Unreal

• - I am currently 75% through DM-Vortex [1/34 maps]
            • - As each map is completed i am acquiring more assets that can be used. The process then speeds up.
            • - Although the maps are unlikely to be released, the new content based on the original will be available

This will take time because im doing it alone, i have no pipe-line to pas on the next piece of work.

IMG Link:
            http://s8.postimg.org/u3sew7t9x/Un_Metal_Ex.jpg

What would be good if people simply used a similar method.
            Bring new content to a new game based on the environment of Unreal.
            Catelog useful Modular Mesh and textures to save others having to make similar art pieces. i have no diea if peopel are currently doing this or not
            Last edited by TKBS; 06-08-2014, 05:32 PM.
            Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              That's the Harobed Village all right. Apparently the author added things to it, but the general theme is the same. The temple looks exactly like the original.
              Watched a video and the layout is indeed different but for the sake of a team gametype the layout had to be changed to remain some balance while keeping the theme.

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
              I got all of the maps from Unreal Gold in UT3.
              <more text>
              You making some sort of mappack for UT3 which has the Unreal Gold maps? Good luck on this lengthy project.
              DV Gaming - UT2k4 & UT3 RPG mutator

Comment

I came very very close to making this map in UT3.
                Would be cool to see it recreated in the new engine...with some layout modifications to suit MP of course.
                Unreal Old Friends
                My previous Unreal work

Comment

I hope so, I loved Nali Castle, don't forget to add the fog, lightning effects and reflective floor at bridge. Just to keep the original atmosphere .

Comment

It might work better as a CTF map?
                    It still gives me goosebumps when i see that flyby and hears the music.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X