BoF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BoF

I can only speak for myself. However, I could imagine that others would strongly agree. When I started playing Unreal it was on UT2K4, as I am of a younger generation (25 yrs.) With that being said I started playing while I was in higschool. I had no money so I downloaded the demo. I played the demo with a large group of people, and we continued to play the demo. Of course, when we played the demo it was before they introduced multiple maps for CTF. All there was to play was Bridge of Fate. At some point in playing the same map over and over and over for months on end, before aquiring the full game, you would think that "Hey this is getting old" Well I'm here to tell you that it didn't get old. Nor do I feel it ever will. Bridge of Fate is one of the, if not the most, balanced CTF maps I have played on Unreal tournament. It gives you corridors for tight area play. The bridge area allows a more open part of the map and it has actual flag rooms as opposed to flag areas. This map had uncountable ways to get from one side of the map to the other. Great hiding spots if your opponent has taken your flag before you could capture theirs. This map would be a great map to see in the new unreal. Of course spruce it up a touch but keep the basic structural idea the same. I hope others agree.

thanks,

Moses.

BoF is one the worst ctf map i ever played in all 3(4) UT games combined. Scaling is bad, its totally oversized. The whole gameplay is based on redeemer kills, adrenaline speedruns, 6-7 players camping flagroom on 14-16slots servers and the complete lack of teamplay. This is what comes in my mind when someone mentions this map. Its just one of the sypthoms of why public ctf is bad. No wonder that map was never considered good by anyone who has good understanding of the ctf mod. Can't remember one single cup, league, ladder, pickup game where this map was used among with Faceclassic, Grassyknoll and other maps. With good reason.

Grendelkeep
    Anfractous2
    Pistola
    Virility
    Camperscrossing
    Archanastre
    Orbital2
    Virility
    Deepsprinta-Pro
    Ages
    Sulphur
    Spidercrossings
    Citadel
    Aquatica
    Citadel

These are some of the good ctf maps of UT2004.

Comment

As far as ictf goes. Especially for settings like a 135/35 low grav. Not a fan of face classic either however from what I hear it is one of the most popular maps across ut. Plenty of league matches on this map as well as countless pickup games. I agree to disagree.

Comment

I agree with peterk, that map was bad, to much scaled. Definitely not made for competitive gameplay mostly 16/16 players style map.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
          Not a fan of face classic either however from what I hear it is one of the most popular maps across ut.
          Face Classic is a real classic. Especially if you combine it with instagib Homever, I have to agree with peterk. This map (BoF) is just too big. So big that you can actually use the vehicles to move from one point to another.

Comment

Is it a larger scaled map? Yes I agree. However, you don't notice it when you play the low grav 135 speed instagib. I was just on a UT server with similar settings and it took me 12 seconds to get from one flag to the other. Taking the size factor out. I haven't heard any other negative feedback about this map. I gave multiple reasons as to why I think it is an outstanding map. If your playing a server where there are 6 to 7 guys on your team camping the flag base. Then that doesn't sound like a good server. And even so. Grab more guys on your side and hit their base harder. Teamwork. This is a teamwork based map. Great for 5v5. And I have done plenty of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
              Is it a larger scaled map? Yes I agree. However, you don't notice it when you play the low grav 135 speed instagib. I was just on a UT server with similar settings and it took me 12 seconds to get from one flag to the other. Taking the size factor out. I haven't heard any other negative feedback about this map. I gave multiple reasons as to why I think it is an outstanding map. If your playing a server where there are 6 to 7 guys on your team camping the flag base. Then that doesn't sound like a good server. And even so. Grab more guys on your side and hit their base harder. Teamwork. This is a teamwork based map. Great for 5v5. And I have done plenty of them.
              just becouse you play a bad map with different mods altering the core gameplay wont make it a great map. The flagroom is bad. 2 small choke points at the sides where its almost impossible to get in or get out, 1 slow moving door at the entrence, flagroom size is is almost half of a normal map, it takes too much time to get in and out and even if you manage to leave, you enter gigantic rooms where getting sniped is quite easy. Lets say you still survived and you reached the bridges one well placed shock beam can push you into death, and its basically another long way of death sentence becouse its still too easy to get sniped.

you can play it with quad jump bighead mutator and onslaught vehicles or with any other idiotic setting, that wont make it a good map.

I tried it with your settings, and it feels like playing Tribes Ascend.

Comment

Working...
              X