Stuck on build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck on build

Not sure if this is quite the correct place for this. I'm making a map and I was getting a bit bored of using the UT4 space skydome, so I instead used the BP_Sky_Sphere that ships with UE4. At this point, building the map works fine. However, after adding a directional light and making the sky sphere use it for it's calculations, trying to build results in UE4 starting up Swarm Connection, which gets to 100%, and then fails to progress any further. I can't stop the build and I can't do anything until that dialog box goes away, so I'm forced to kill the engine from Task Manager. Can anybody help me with this problem?
    @DarkLight08

Well, on my map it works. My two cents you have light leaks in your level (not sure if that still exists in UE4).

Have you tried to do it in an empty map ? If it works then the problem comes from your BSPs
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Tried it with a blank map. Dumped the BP_Sky_Sphere and a directional light in there and no build. I tried BP_Sky_Sphere with an unlinked directional light, just a light, just the sphere and I finally tried building a completely blank map and found that the build doesn't progress past setting up the Swarm connection. It seems the failure to build with the BP_Sky_Sphere the first time was either a coincidence, or somehow placing the Sky Sphere into my level broke something, which I find difficult to imagine. Trying it with a project separate from UT4 also fails to build. Seems I'll be reinstalling UE4 then. I'll respond with the result later.
      @DarkLight08

Comment

Working...
      X