Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEV-Geometry Branch

Sup Devs,

So - your talented team of colleagues in the other office has been working hard on the new GEO tools / Mesh editor tools.

Although the tools are very interesting, there is clearly work needed before they can really be used in the UTE4a branch.

My only interest is in level design, and I have to say that at this point in time, the tool appears to favour this approach-

1) Use BSP to create highly basic blockout
    2) CONVERT all brushes to STATIC MESHES
    3) Use MESH EDITOR to further deepen and define the geometry.
    4) Use External 3D Application to extensively add better geometry and texturing/materials and interpolate between the two.
    5) Miller-Time?

My question to the devs/level designers @ Epic Games and (of course) the level designers of the community is; can we think of a better way to build levels inside UTE4a ? The reason I ask is that the mesh editor tool does not seem to favour level design, but maybe that is just me...

For those of you who have not seen it, it can be acquired via GitHub here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...e/dev-geometry

Answers on a postcard to the usual address.
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

mike fricker said on the stream that the mesh editing tools would be in the standard launcher build in 4.17 so with the current release schedule I would say that should be out maybe sometime late july for the full release maybe sooner though, they are pretty quick with the preview to release these days, hopefully UT will implement 4.17 quicker though, they seem to have done this with previous engine versions
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

Originally posted by WarpSpasm View Post
      mike fricker said on the stream that the mesh editing tools would be in the standard launcher build in 4.17 so with the current release schedule I would say that should be out maybe sometime late july for the full release maybe sooner though, they are pretty quick with the preview to release these days, hopefully UT will implement 4.17 quicker though, they seem to have done this with previous engine versions
      Sure. But, How about the process this tool points level designers towards?
      Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Working...
      X