Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I save my map/level as a pak file to put on my own server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I save my map/level as a pak file to put on my own server?

I got far enough with my first map its now playable. I can play it through the "start a lan" option in UT4. select custom and ctf and my map shows up. with bots. I want to start my own server (to play online with peeps) and have read up on it and have it all set, just need to put my map in the content folder for paks. problem is my saved map is in umap file extension not pak. Kinda stuck since i cant find how to save my own map as a pak locally. lots of stuff on how to download a pak and play it. any help or point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.
    There are two keys to success in life, One: don't tell everyone everything you know and Two:

Figured out that when I share level and don't share it online it saves pak file in another folder on my computer. Now just have to finish setting up server.
    There are two keys to success in life, One: don't tell everyone everything you know and Two:

Comment

Originally posted by Mondogrunday View Post
      Figured out that when I share level and don't share it online it saves pak file in another folder on my computer. Now just have to finish setting up server.
      It's the bane of my existence - there is literally nothing to tell you why maps will not work on the client or server side, and MONTHS if not YEARS of work are for nothing. What makes this worse is when a map is a colab, and no one knows how or why the map will not work.

This editor and game project suck really hard sometimes. The engine is great, just not this project or editor.
      Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

hopefully in future builds they will improve this. A community effort should be as painless as possible. I'm fairly computer literate but not in this area. struggling to get server up and running with my custom map. this is where i'm at.

Comment

Originally posted by Mondogrunday View Post
          hopefully in future builds they will improve this. A community effort should be as painless as possible. I'm fairly computer literate but not in this area. struggling to get server up and running with my custom map. this is where i'm at.
          I'm gonna put a call into Tim and see what's what with his 'team' working on this...
          Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

In the meantime I need to read about redirect I believe ☺

Comment

Working...
            X