Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing all UT Meshes, Maps and Textures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing all UT Meshes, Maps and Textures?

I've been away for a while, and now that I have more free time, (and have friends interested in playing this game again) I've decided to come try my hand at making more maps. Unfortunately, with one of the past updates since I went AWOL about a year ago, all of the UT meshes, maps and textures have disappeared from my map and content browser. Were they removed or is this a bug? Not quite sure what's going on here, since I was under the impression that those assets would be available to mapmakers...
    My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

Also worth noting that all of my old maps are gone as well, but I can chalk that up to version mismatching I think.

Comment

Found the issue, was something to do with the order in which I installed things. Maps still gone, but hey, w/e. I can make new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksteel View Post
        I've been away for a while, and now that I have more free time, (and have friends interested in playing this game again) I've decided to come try my hand at making more maps. Unfortunately, with one of the past updates since I went AWOL about a year ago, all of the UT meshes, maps and textures have disappeared from my map and content browser. Were they removed or is this a bug? Not quite sure what's going on here, since I was under the impression that those assets would be available to mapmakers...
        I never thought someone's personal assets would be available unless put on the marketplace 'officially' and by doing so became 'public' assets.

You have no files at all? Anywhere? Other than the folders created by Epic Games?

I feel for you. Lost files before myself on HeatRay, it still hurts.
        Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Yeah, but it's no big deal. It was mostly old maps I was probably not gonna work on anyway. I at least got the epic assets back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
            Lost files before myself on HeatRay, it still hurts.
            What do you mean by this? I've seen other people talking about maps from UT3 as well -- is there a movement to remaster some of these maps, or...?

(Besides Deck, obviously. That one is basically a given)

Comment

Originally posted by idnewton View Post

What do you mean by this? I've seen other people talking about maps from UT3 as well -- is there a movement to remaster some of these maps, or...?

(Besides Deck, obviously. That one is basically a given)
              Good design is good design...I think if it more of a homage.
              Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

My own map has gone, since the new update ! Wtf? How can I recover it?
                ____
                Solved... it resolved itself for some odd mystery.
                Last edited by Snake-KoRn; 06-30-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X