Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effects Quality to Medium or Low totally messing up my map

DM-Campgrounds-G1E - https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ampgrounds-g1e

No idea whats going on but I made a quick vid here - https://youtu.be/88YCOTbyxB8

2:17 is when I turn Effects Quality down to Medium.

No idea whether I've done something fundamentally wrong or whether there is a fundamental issue? (probably me!!)

Map settings:

I took the sky and landscape from /Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/Test/Paul_Sky

I have the default 'world' lighting inside a LightMassImportance Volume:
    Skylight (Stationary)
    Directional Light (Stationary)
    AtmosphericFog

All my internal level lighting is Static.

I also have a PostProcessVolume (I've tried Unbound ticked and unticked, no difference)

so why does my map turn to **** when Effects Quality is set to Medium or Low??

Have I missed something basic?
    Is there some settings I can check?

Thanks for any assistance.

Alright i think i found one of the culprits of this bug, the lighting of the game.

First off his map isn't the only one with this bug, its just very noticeable.

here are the images i got when i was playing his map at mid settings:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170625062744_1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	835.7 KB
ID:	389675Click image for larger version

Name:	20170625062709_1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	691.3 KB
ID:	389676
    there are only some parts of the weapons that are completely blacked out, and the rest is fine.

So i loaded up DM-Underland, started going around the map and noticed this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170626170927_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	463.6 KB
ID:	389677Click image for larger version

Name:	20170626170802_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	438.3 KB
ID:	389678
    They are exactly the same, especially the link gun, it seems to only occur on dark places but not too dark, i get similar results where the redeemer is at. Its the lighting, i'm still not sure how the post processing is affecting this problem too.

Comment

Hm... i could not reproduce the black textures in low/med effects settings in Underland at the same location like in you pics, nor link gut or rocket launcher. Also not if additionally reducing texture quality from Epic to Low or Medium.

i have aGforce 1060 with almost up to date drivers, but looks like could be a GfX card / driver issue!?

Comment

MoxNix reckons its because I'm not using sphere reflection captures??

When I used these previously I got horrible 'double' reflections in the floor material I'm using, the normal postprocess 'correct' reflection which is 'square' and accurate, and then a bloody horrible 'curved' artificial looking second reflection from the reflection spheres.

If it is a lack of reflection spheres, How do I add them without getting the horrible double reflections in the floor material. I only want the accurate reflection already produced my the material itself and the postprocessvolume.

Comment

a lack of reflection capture spheres also wouldn't explain why my entire sky and landscape basically disappears (which wouldn't be affected by reflection capture spheres)

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver1 View Post
            a lack of reflection capture spheres also wouldn't explain why my entire sky and landscape basically disappears (which wouldn't be affected by reflection capture spheres)
            Spheres create reflections in an order, so if you got overlapping spheres, you get reflection anomalies. Cube reflections are pretty good for cuboid levels - but dealers choice really.

You got LCID volume in there? Y'gonna need that...

Also, have you hit the right ticky-boxy for detail levels on your object levels? If not, then choosing the wrong detail level when PIE or regular play, will give you unmapped lighting for said objects.

Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post

Spheres create reflections in an order, so if you got overlapping spheres, you get reflection anomalies. Cube reflections are pretty good for cuboid levels - but dealers choice really.

You got LCID volume in there? Y'gonna need that...

Also, have you hit the right ticky-boxy for detail levels on your object levels? If not, then choosing the wrong detail level when PIE or regular play, will give you unmapped lighting for said objects.
              I'm only using the following:
              LightMassImportanceVolume
              PostProcessVolume (which makes the floor material reflect the world correctly)

I am not using any reflection spheres or cubes.

I don't know what an LCID is

not touched any ticky-boxes on any of my objects for detail levels. But if you could screenshot the appropriate settings I can go rummaging and check.

Comment

I'm only using the following:
                LightMassImportanceVolume
                PostProcessVolume (which makes the floor material reflect the world correctly)

I am not using any reflection spheres or cubes.

I don't know what an LCID is

not touched any ticky-boxes on any of my objects for detail levels. But if you could screenshot the appropriate settings I can go rummaging and check.
                Lightmass Character Indirect Detail

As simply as possible, it generates an importance volume for lighting movable objects which the player (or spectator) will see or be affected by.

As for reflections...dewd...you have to put probes in there (reflection spheres and cubes) for the engine to sort out what is meant to reflection off of what.

Start @ 1:30 to avoid all the preamble.
                Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Lightmass Character Indirect Detail

As simply as possible, it generates an importance volume for lighting movable objects which the player (or spectator) will see or be affected by.

As for reflections...dewd...you have to put probes in there (reflection spheres and cubes) for the engine to sort out what is meant to reflection off of what.

Start @ 1:30 to avoid all the preamble.

How is this relevant in an arena map where the only movable objects (in my map at least) are the players themselves? Isn't it a bit superfluous to requirements? Will it actually add anything to my map worthwhile?

Or am I missing something?

Comment

How is this relevant in an arena map where the only movable objects (in my map at least) are the players themselves? Isn't it a bit superfluous to requirements? Will it actually add anything to my map worthwhile?

Or am I missing something?
                    All guns and projectiles are movable. So are flags in CTF etc...and all lifts...it's a list that is bigger than you think.
                    Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

All guns and projectiles are movable. So are flags in CTF etc...and all lifts...it's a list that is bigger than you think.
                      ahhhhh fair enough! Thanks for the tip/advice

Comment

Working...
                      X