Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add content from the Unreal Engine store in UT Editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add content from the Unreal Engine store in UT Editor?

Hi guys, I'm having some troubles trying to add content from the store in my UT map.
    After I get the content from the store, I can't add it to my project.

As the projects made within UT Editor do not appear together with my other projects in the EU library, I cannot add them. Because I click on "add to the project," but only my projects made in the EU appear.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Or is there simply no way to put content out of UT Editor?

Hello,

Simply put, your assets MUST BE compatible with UE 4.15 or else they won't appear in the content browser.

So if you want to use assets in UE that are superior to 4.15, you must export all, then import in UT Editor and this process can be VERY, VERY frustrating, trust me. To make the process work, I suggest you export only few assets at the time and after they're imported, edit the assets and set them like the original in UE so you won't get surprise when you redo the material functions, materials and material instances.

Good luck.
    Stevie's corner
    My UT4 maps
    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

You also can try this:
      • Select the Project to Add the Asset to and click on "Show all projects"
      • Click on your Unreal Tournament project, new message= Asset not compatible with version Other, please select closest alternative version.
      • Click Select Version: Choose nearest 4.15 version
      • Click Add to Project.
      Good Luck.

Comment

You can also do a trick - opening assets with newest UE and export them as .fbx (models)
        After this you can easily import them into Unreal Tournament Editor.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeinSpain View Post
          You also can try this:
          • Select the Project to Add the Asset to and click on "Show all projects"
          • Click on your Unreal Tournament project, new message= Asset not compatible with version Other, please select closest alternative version.
          • Click Select Version: Choose nearest 4.15 version
          • Click Add to Project.
          Good Luck.
          You won't see the assets in the UT4 browser using this method, trust me.

Originally posted by eurodance0 View Post
          You can also do a trick - opening assets with newest UE and export them as .fbx (models)
          After this you can easily import them into Unreal Tournament Editor.
          This is what I said...

I just post this to my blog which represent the same situation trying to use assets that aren't compatible with 4.15.0.
          Stevie's corner
          My UT4 maps
          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

You also can try this post:
            https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ue4-19-2/page4
            At the end, timur.losev user explains how to update 4.15 UT editor to 4.24...I never got it working but if you get it a lot of assets must work now.

Comment

Working...
            X