Pre-Alpha and Vanilla Subscription Integration Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Alpha and Vanilla Subscription Integration Help

I haven't built or compiled an Unreal map since UT2004, so the file locations and cooking etc. is confusing for me.
    Keep in mind I have 7+ years working in Unreal, but never had experience with these procedures because other designers on the team were tasked with it.

I have the vanilla engine/editor in one place, and the pre-alpha in another.

When I build a map there are no weapons to place or game assets as shown in other user submitted maps for the pre-alpha.

I'm also trying to figure out where everything should go to cook properly.

Just trying to wrap my head around all of this. (watched most of the Zac Parrish tutorials to get started)

Thanks!

~Rich
    Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-Epic-s-builds

One caveat to this method is that assets that are not included in the epic builds will not carry over unless they are in the folder you place your map files. To get around this for my map I had to make copies of the assets I needed, with different names, after that I was able to get my map to cook properly. Its a bit of a pain hopefully something comes along to make this process much easier.
    Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
    Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
      https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-Epic-s-builds

One caveat to this method is that assets that are not included in the epic builds will not carry over unless they are in the folder you place your map files. To get around this for my map I had to make copies of the assets I needed, with different names, after that I was able to get my map to cook properly. Its a bit of a pain hopefully something comes along to make this process much easier.
      Thanks for the link. Now I just need to figure out how to place pickups and materials that aren't there.

ifeelreallystupid

EDIT: I see that in people's editor screenshots, that there is "RestrictedAssets" in the Content Browser. How do I get that to happen?
      Last edited by ~SPECTRE~; 09-19-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Have you downloaded the files from github?

Comment

Have you downloaded the files from github?
          Not yet. I thought it was only for user file hosting.

Do you think that's where the disconnect is?

Comment

Yeah dude you need to download the latest build from github. There is a thread about it around here somewhere.

Comment

Yeah dude you need to download the latest build from github. There is a thread about it around here somewhere.
              Ok. I saw a video that covered it in detail. Just didn't think I needed it. I guess I do.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X