Size:	635.3 KB
ID:	353794 Click image for larger version

Name:	TrickJumpWIP3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	766.3 KB
ID:	353795

DownLoad Link for WIP Pak File

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B20...ew?usp=sharing

This is a rough prototype i have made of a challenge or tutorial level for trick jumping....Once the level appears inside the room any squares the player hits turn red....It would be great if users could post screenshots of the areas they can get to so i know how to proceed in adding challenges, im not an overly skilled player so I really need skilled players to show just what can be done

Please comment on how I can improve this prototype and how potential challenges or tutorials should be added

Just select DM-trickjumpWIP1 in game menu to launch...its prefixed as a DM map so it launches properly in beta alpha build

To Do List For Map-
    Add slope dodging
    Implement scoring system
    Improve visual clarity
    Add Level Streaming for multiple Simulations In Main Room
    optimize for better fps
    Last edited by WarpSpasm; 10-27-2014, 03:57 PM. Reason: Editing is part of the human condition
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Can you add some weapons on this map too pls. I know the idea of the map is different but few weaponlockers wont hurt to test some things like correlation between movement and shooting in specific places and angles. Or just make all types of weapons as a starting ones when u respawn guess its even better. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bombardier View Post
      Can you add some weapons on this map too pls. I know the idea of the map is different but few weaponlockers wont hurt to test some things like correlation between movement and shooting in specific places and angles. Or just make all types of weapons as a starting ones when u respawn guess its even better. Thanks
      You should be able to add them with the console...I havent put any in as the point is to reach high areas only using jump and wall moves...Im interested to see just how high skilled players can get so I can structure the challenges
      Last edited by WarpSpasm; 10-27-2014, 04:52 AM. Reason: Skill level required for editing = same as buying a shamwow

Comment

I will try this out later today and add my feedback in an edit to this post

EDIT: alright, first of all, the map is quite laggy, it messes with the mouse input because of the lag for me :P Maybe it's because I have a weaker CPU (i5 650).

Now to the feedback: I could reach every location with walldodges and normal jumps, although there was one particular jump that did not work for me, maybe somebody else can try it?

Screenshot of map (I had superlow settings to keep FPS slightly decent):

Jump that didn't work:

Basically I tried to dodge from the 3 high tower -> walldodge off that 6 high tower to get on the long wall, but I think the distance was slightly too long for that, because my char didn't want to climb on the wall. One time it did try to climb but then it sled by.

Very cool challenge concept! Just wish you could make the environment less transparent and less laggy, aside from that this is a very awesome way to start making these challenges.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Avalanche._; 10-27-2014, 11:39 AM.
        Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Hoi there ! It seems very fun ! I'll definitively give a try tonight (even if im not really a pro-player with movements) and I'll leave my "report" here ! HF !

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
            I will try this out later today and add my feedback in an edit to this post

EDIT: alright, first of all, the map is quite laggy, it messes with the mouse input because of the lag for me :P Maybe it's because I have a weaker CPU (i5 650).

Now to the feedback: I could reach every location with walldodges and normal jumps, although there was one particular jump that did not work for me, maybe somebody else can try it?

Very cool challenge concept! Just wish you could make the environment less transparent and less laggy, aside from that this is a very awesome way to start making these challenges.
            Thanks for the feedback archer seeing where you were able to jump to helps me alot ill make it a little higher with harder jumps

I can easily make what is drawn in the main room non-transparent and will probably do this as it looks pretty bad in low settings

I noticed that in the screen shots theres no lighting on areas which are normally lit, did the lighting stop when you lowered the settings or was it never there or did u switch off?...because if these sections were never lit it means that your gpu didn't like the dynamic lighting and problems with the lighting cause a massive performance hit....im running on an amd quad core with 8gb ram and a radeon 6950 and it runs really smooth for me in epic settings...Thanks again for trying it out
            Last edited by WarpSpasm; 10-27-2014, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarpSpasm View Post
              Thanks for the feedback archer seeing where you were able to jump to helps me alot ill make it a little higher with harder jumps

I can easily make what is drawn in the main room non-transparent and will probably do this as it looks pretty bad in low settings

I noticed that in the screen shots theres no lighting on areas which are normally lit, did the lighting stop when you lowered the settings or was it never there or did u switch off?...because if these sections were never lit it means that your gpu didn't like the dynamic lighting and problems with the lighting cause a massive performance hit....im running on an amd quad core with 8gb ram and a radeon 6950 and it runs really smooth for me in epic settings...Thanks again for trying it out
              No, main issue and fps impact was whenever I looked at the grid stuff (if a lot of it was visible at the same time), the general lighting and such didn't have a large impact, but I turned all of it off anyway to get maximum FPS to slightly mitigate the problem.
              Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Was testing this map on my newly repaired PC - the PSU had failed whenever I was in the middle of a game of UT, aaaaaaaaand... it failed again on your map. I even had screenshots and all prepared for this big post, but, that's all in my not-family PC.

Unreal Tournament - Slayer of PSUs.

Without the assistance of those screenshots there's only a limited amount of information that I can relay that would be of any use. Primarily, the lighting within the map whenever that weird transparent tiles appear is annoying. The map has a contrast between the background which is black, and the foreground, which is neon, so I can see a little bit of a problem if there's a big glare in the middle of a tile that smudges the ability to distinguish where things are. Additionally, you can hammer-jump from the solid pathway you start off on to the big platform to the north-east of the pathway. Whenever I get my hardware sorted, will be able to put some better input. :P

Comment

That's strange Archer, I found that jump in your second screenshot to be quite easy. I'm assuming it was the lag you had that made it difficult.
                  Luckly, I didn't have any lag (I have a fairly good rig though). Also, I found a bug, you can impact off the metal floor in the starting area to get onto of the middle pillar/catwalk.
                  Anyway, here's my screen shot. I feel like I was able to do all intended jumps. Not sure If I missed any.

I felt like the back right jump was the hardest (one in the lower screenshot). I could barely make it only if my character wanted to climb it. Most of the time I would touch the top and fall.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Zeepso; 11-05-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

The new version im about to post has non-transparent tiles, no tiled roof so the lighting can be static, is slightly higher and will have some challenges included, at this point the challenges are getting to points designated on the map for a score value depending on the height and touching every tile as a separate challenge...also I will fix the issue of hammerjumping from the metal walkway...thanks again guys for testing and posting screenshots helps me alot as im not very good at the trick jumps although im getting alot better through testing this map

The power supply issues with ue4 are interesting...In the engine forums a user did a test with a watt meter and ue4 uses an extra 200w when running unless you cap it to 30fps then its alot less...im not sure if UT would use as much as the editor though....epic hqs powerbill must be huge lol

Comment

Working...
                    X