COMP Map Pack UT3 >>>UT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COMP Map Pack UT3 >>>UT4

There are tons of maps for UT3, but the best impression comes from map pack mentioned in thread name. I would like to see them in new UT as core content, coming out with the rest of official stuff. Why? These maps are must have, because it feels like best experience for competitive online games, this is what we need. Just download it and play to see for yourself (I guess You guys have UT3). At th same time, I'd like to see some more maps like these.

Check this out for more info:

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ack-PC-amp-PS3

http://comp.cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/

Edge
    Last edited by phoraxx; 12-14-2014, 05:56 PM.

I definitely agree that it's important to have a number of maps designed with competitive play in mind. Personally I think it could open up the possibility of advertisement during tournaments on electronic billboards similar to quake live and the clean look of most comp maps could make the game more appealing to newer players.

Also I love the aesthetic of DM-Edge, the map I'm working on is heavily inspired by it
    :|

Comment

If UT4 really goes big and makes it into tournaments n stuff, I hope great and thoroughly tested user made maps could quickly get recognition like that and become rather quickly added into the map rotation list for tourneys. Having some community handled "Approved" stamp in quite official packs like that is a good way to do it IMO. I think we need a competitive map pack of some sort handled by a competitive community group for sure. It doesn't have to limit itself to duel either of course and can include map packs for all gamemodes.

So we don't get a stacked map rotation like CS:GO where you get maybe one new map played per year or so.

There's plenty of map makers who really knows their stuff and that ability should be used to its fulliest potential.
      Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 12-15-2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Edge is my all time favorite duel map in the series. I believe UT3 had the best duel maps in the games, period.
        Steam
        irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
        UT Username - nvz
        gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
        || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

hope the maps makers of the pack will be be back same as
          bps 3

Comment

Hrm, we'll see

Comment

Very sick maps! Makes me disappointed I stopped playing before Black Edition released. Seems like all the good things happened after that.

Comment

Denounced is a very good map with good prediction gameplay. However, the weapon and armor balance are a little off, but a bit of tweaking could make it a good UT3 map, as well as a UT4 map.

Edge is my favorite duel map in UT3 and provided a lot of gameplay in the North American community in the past 2 years. I hope to see a UT4 version!
                Steam
                irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
                UT Username - nvz
                gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
                || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

I'm not sure about these as "core" content but they are awesome maps. Almost all of the COMP are insanely fun. My server was nearly full tonight playing these. So many UT3 rage quitters missed out on all of these great maps. I'm sure Zaibot and maybe some of the others would be interested in porting these or at least facilitating that to happen.
                  Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Would be nice to see some of those maps fior UT4 or maybe some of the HOLP Maps. Would be exactly the thing I'd like to do for UT4.
                    If you see me grinning, it's a disguise.
                    If you see me grinning, don't trust my lies.
                    When the ink dries, we'll have another masterpiece.
                    When the drink dies, we'll have another restless sleep.

Comment

Working...
                    X