Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teaser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • started a topic Teaser

    Teaser





    An unreleased UT2k4 map I'll probably redo and release for UT4. And yes those are jumpboots in 2k4 (at the bottom, below the amp).

    More screenies here http://merchantmonarchy.blogspot.ca/...-ive-been.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MoxNix; 02-27-2015, 09:10 AM.

  • replied
    I've started working on converting this to UT4. The first step is getting the scale down just right. I'm working with about 60% of the layout right now. 2.25 scale was too big, 1.50 was too small. 1.75 is close but maybe just a little small. I'll try 2.0 next and go from there until I find the scale where everything feels just right.

    Currently working on roughly 60% of the complete map, once I get that part down I'll probably put a .pak up for playtesting and suggestions while I get the other 40% converted to UT4 too.

    The full 2k4 map has all weapons except LG (2 of some), 2x small shield, 1x big shield, amp, keg, 4 vials and 4x 25 health. For the UT4 version I'll likely remove the keg and add a helmet.

    It'll probably turn out to be a mid sized map that should work well for both TDM and Duels... And of course FFA too.

    Edit: 200% scale is better but maybe just a bit too big. I think I'll stick with that for now. Just gotta get some lifts in, brighten the lighting a bit in some places, slap in a couple textures to help differentiate floor, ceiling, walls and I can release a first test version.
    Last edited by MoxNix; 03-06-2015, 08:56 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
    Nice Jump boots, I found the mesh for them while browsing ut03 meshes a while back. They look really cool
    Yes, the mesh was included in the assets that came with 2k3 but there was no code to use it in game until a 3rd party mapper made it. It was really easy to include them in any map but for some reason they got virtually ignored. A remake of ForWhomTheBellTolls used them but AFAIK that was it. The boots code had been around a while and was known to work well when Teddy did his Deck remake for 2k3 yet he chose to replace the boots with a jump-pad. Sacrilege!
    Last edited by MoxNix; 02-27-2015, 01:37 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    Nice Jump boots, I found the mesh for them while browsing ut03 meshes a while back. They look really cool

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X